News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medals for the Anniversary of Yugoslav People?s Army

Medals for the Anniversary of Yugoslav People?s Army

I only have 2 of them up to now.

Medal of the 10th Anniversary of Yugoslav People?s Army

920539566_d0d68ebda7_o.jpg

Medal of the 20th Anniversary of Yugoslav People?s Army

920539608_465d7341a4_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

:wacky: I am glad that is over :violent:

Why :unsure: ?

At least they produced nice & cute orders and medals ;) .

Also the standard of living - in comparison to other mediterranian states at that time - had been rather high during long decades of the Tito-Regime and Yugoslavia had a very high reputation in the international community - these are historic facts ... :rolleyes:

Best regards :beer:

Christian

At least they produced nice & cute orders and medals

That is only good thing about them :)

these are historic facts

Yes there are also history facts of crimes that have been done during Titos "Yugoslavia", and their theory of "Big Serbia"...

had been rather high during long decades of the Tito-Regime and Yugoslavia had a very high reputation in the international community

I dont know about you but I like living in free democratic country :wacky:

If we could only have jumped the '90s

Well we could, only if "Yugoslavia" had not done agression on Croatia, then we had to have war so we can become free country, that war set back our living standards...

Also I think we should more collect and less talk about dark history.off%20topic.gif

That is only good thing about them :)

Yes there are also history facts of crimes that have been done during Titos "Yugoslavia", and their theory of "Big Serbia"...

I dont know about you but I like living in free democratic country :wacky:

Well we could, only if "Yugoslavia" had not done agression on Croatia, then we had to have war so we can become free country, that war set back our living standards...

Also I think we should more collect and less talk about dark history.off%20topic.gif

Dear Luka,

Marshal Tito was a Croat and he never thought (as a true Croat) about a - as you call it - "Big Serbia" :speechless: . I think, that we can agree upon that historic fact ;) .

The 2nd YU-War in the 1990s started with severe & violent aggressions of Croats (Ustashi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usta%C5%A1e ) against the Serbian minority in Croatia - that's another historic fact, which is neither disputed by CIA or BND.

Well, as a historian I had been speaking about the situation - let's say - around the year 1960, where the quality of living in former Yugoslavia was rather high and superior to other mediterranian states. "Quality of living" is a bit more, than the phony phrases of "freedom" & "democracy" (by US-State-Department-Standards) and another fact is, that the YU-Passport had been the most appreciated passport in the world at Tito's era: No visas to almost all countries!

But as Prof. Haynes notes correctly, we are "getting dangerously political" ;) . Maybe we should go on with the YU-History-Discussion at PM-level or sent me a mail: dialog@zulusrecords.com - many thanks :cheers: .

I love Croatia and my daughter Milica is making year for year her summer holiday also at the Dalmation coast :love: .

Christian

The 2nd YU-War in the 1990s started with severe & violent aggressions of Croats (Ustashi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usta%C5%A1e ) against the Serbian minority in Croatia - that's another historic fact, which is neither disputed by CIA or BND.

How can you call Croats Ustashi???????That is kind of proof that you dont know much about Croatian history!

That article in wikipedia is not about "Domovinski rat" or how you call it 2 yugo war!

The 2nd YU-War in the 1990s started with severe & violent aggressions of Croats

:banger: Where you living in mouse hole when this happened? Croatia wanted out of Yugoslavia, but Serbs(JNA) didnt want it to happen on peaceful way so they started agression on Croatia!

There where no Serbian minority in Croatia, those so called minoritys where serbs in yugoslav army! That army started to make road blokades and similiar...

Edited by Luka

An interesting post is getting dangerously political. Be careful, please.

Dear Ed,

I agree with you, and that's why I won't comment further. :unsure:

Dear Luka,

I hope one day our people will understand the great mistakes and crimes that were commited in our countries, the lies they were told by nationalistic criminals from both sides (from the so-called "Velika Srbija" to the so-called "Domovinski Rat"), and live in peace and prosperity as all developed countries should live.

In the meantime, I'll go to Losinj on holiday in a couple of weeks. :beer:

I'll send you a postcard. :cheers::cheeky:

Regards,

Filip

Edited by Drugo

Well if you dont want me just say so :anmatcat:

Bye bye

Dear Luka,

please don't take the historic discussion soooooo personal :D . I appreciate it very much, that here at GMIC-YU we have members from Ex-YU-states: Slovenes, Croats, Serbs, etc. And I think, that you are a very, very important member to GMIC-YU with your expertise and your collection. Please stay :cheers: .

But please, read again, what you have posted:

Luka: "There where no Serbian minority in Croatia, those so called minoritys where serbs in yugoslav army! That army started to make road blokades and similiar... nobody can tell Croats started war!"

A little bit strange .... , isn't it :unsure: ?

So, if there had never been a Serbian minority (except soldiers) in Croatia, why did Operacija Oluja http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Storm took place :unsure: ?

What you call "serbs in yugoslav army" had been babushkas (grandmothers), babys, children, women of Serbian families, who had lived in Croatia for many hundred and hundred years.

And: If you don't want to read, that the former Croation leadership in the 1990s (with massive support of Germany - just listen to the Croatian singer Sanja Trumbic in 1991: http://youtube.com/watch?v=BW-ljtEM4MQ ) started the 2nd YU-War, then you will have to discuss that issue with the leading historians in the USA, Germany, Britain, etc. ;) .

That's nothing against Croats or Croatia - we all love the people and the country -, but Croatia has also - like Serbia or Slovenia - his "dark side" of history: WW II & 1990s.

We have to accept, that GMIC unites members of nations, who had been at war against each other just some years ago. So please let's stay calm and let's argue in a scientific and sober way.

Please send me your historic material via e-mail - many thanks :cheers: .

Christian

Glad to see you are having fun here. It may be better to take non-English conversation over into PMs, as this is an Anglophone forum.

If it is related to the medals, we'd all like to read what you are saying. If it is not, does it belong here?

You are apsolutely right, I am sorry. As we lived in same country, our conversation went on in serbo-croatian language.

I was trying to say to Luka the same thing as all of the members here.

I think that Filip's comment was the best, so it will end here. Let's turn to orders and medals!!!