News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK1 screwback x2

Hello Gentlemen,

A collector colleague wanted to know if these two EK's in his collection are the real deal. EK's are not in my field of expertice, therefore I would kindly like to ask of your opinon on these two. To a novice (me) these look genuine enough, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

/Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I think your friend can sleep easy, they both appear genuine to me and are imo probably of earlier (ie WW1 to 20s vintage).

The example on the left has a fairly generic core used by quite a few manufacturers, including Godet.

The example on the right for me remains an unknown maker. Don't lose those nuts - impossible to find them! This type somtimes comes with very large round backing plates (with variable numbers of holes, from 2 to many).

Regards

Mike

Thank you all for the good info and the thumbs up! Needless to say my colleague was very happy to hear that his crosses are of the good kind!

Joe, most probably the cross on the right has at some point had a back-plate. According to my colleague the screws are quite long and a plate would fit nicely.

Best regards

/Thomas

Hello Gentlemen,

A collector colleague wanted to know if these two EK's in his collection are the real deal. EK's are not in my field of expertice, therefore I would kindly like to ask of your opinon on these two. To a novice (me) these look genuine enough, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

/Thomas

Hi,Naoki Matsumoto. Nice to meet you,Thomas! Splendid detail & screwback model :cheers: Right EK ,I never watch like this it. Love it :lol: I collect to Eiserneskruez,Spanienkreuz,Deutscheskreuz,etc. :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Hi,Naoki Matsumoto. Nice to meet you,Thomas! Splendid detail & screwback model :cheers: Right EK ,I never watch like this it. Love it :lol: I collect to Eiserneskruez,Spanienkreuz,Deutscheskreuz,etc. :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Hello Naoki-san, I'm pleased to meet you too! Nice to hear that you enjoyed the pics and thank you for the kind words :cheers:

Best regards

/Thomas