News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

House Order of Hohenzollern - info needed

• 10 months later...

perhaps I have the chance to purchase a H ritterkreuz with swords + case + outer carton. this last hard worn and not in the best condition but is there at least. which would be a honest price for the set??

• 4 months later...

I'm still trying to find information on my great-uncle, Oberst Otto Heinemann, who was in the Feldartillerie and a recipient of the HOH.

Hello!

In the ranklist of honour is a Hauptmann Heinemann (Feldart.Rgt.15), after the war he was Major in Reichswehrministerium (inspection of the artillery). In the ranklist of 1925 he had HOH (knight with swords), EK I and service award. Promoted to Major Dec.1, 1922.

No entry in ranklist 1928 (I don´t have 1926 and 1927)

Edited by The Prussian

• 2 weeks later...

The Heinemann in the Ehrenrangliste from FAR 15 and in the Reichswehr was the later General der Artillerie Erich Heinemann.

As Daniel noted in his reply to you in February 2009, the only other candidate would be a Hauptmann der Reserve Heinemann whose HOH3X was gazetted in the Militär-Wochenblatt on 24.08.1918. No other HOH3Xs to anyone named Heinemann are known, although there are a few very late-war awards that were never gazetted. So if it came in late October or early November 1918, it might still be out there waiting to be discovered. 

I have looked over every reserve officer who would have been a Hptm.d.R. in 1918, and found only three. One was named Otto, but none of them are artillery officers, and this Otto was not likely later a colonel. He is:

Heinemann, Otto, *25.5.1865 in Langenau; Landesmeliorationsbaumeister beim Provinzial-Verbandes der Provinz Ostpreußen
    • 18.11.1893 Sekonde-Lieutenant d.R. des Pionier-Bataillons Nr. 1
    • 18.06.1903 Oberleutnant d.R.
    • 21.04.1911 Hauptmann d.R.
    • 30.09.1918 Charakter als Major d.R.
    • living as a Landesbaurat and Maj.d.R.a.D. in Königsberg according to the 1931 Mitgliederverzeichnis for PB 1

His known decorations are the Roter-Adlerorden 4. Klasse, Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Landwehr-Dienstauszeichnung 1. Klasse and Österreich-Ungarisches Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Klasse mit der Kriegsdokoration.

The other two Hauptleute der Reserve were Martin from the reserve of Pionier-Bataillon Nr. 4 and Rudolf from the reserve of Telegraphen-Bataillon Nr. 6. Martin was a Baumeister in Putbus. Rudolf was a Postinspektor in Halle a.S., later in Oldenburg.

I was unable to rule out any of these three as Daniel's HOH3X recipient. Do you have any other information on your relative which might shed some light? Or maybe there was a mix up in your family history between Otto and the later-general Erich Heinemann?

• 1 month later...

Here is one, I bought and sold recently...

The IC 1st class was sold before I got it and there were also a WW2 war merit cross with swords 2nd and 1st class, most likely
    belonging to this group.

Unfortunately there was no name coming with this group.

Knopflochmini HOH-2.jpg

KVK1 Etui geschl-Deschler&Sohn.jpg

KVK2 1939 VS-1.jpg

HOH-Schnalle VS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Hello friends,

Work is going on. I have already 600+ names more than Geile could list with plenty of additional data. Special thanks to Dave Danner by the way!

So it will not take eternities more to bring out a new list.

Please continue to send me what you have,  esp. Documents.

Greetings 

Daniel

14 hours ago, Daniel Krause said:

Hello friends,

Work is going on. I have already 600+ names more than Geile could list with plenty of additional data. Special thanks to Dave Danner by the way!

So it will not take eternities more to bring out a new list.

Please continue to send me what you have,  esp. Documents.

Greetings 

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Great news! Keep up the good work! When do you think the book will be published?

Cheers,

Albert

• 5 months later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

I have a group of items to a Hauptmann Jordan, a recipient of the HOH and the Schwarzburg Ehrenkreuz 3rd class with swords. I believe this officer was Landwehr, and he also received the Austrian War Cross 3rd class. Any information on him would be most welcome.

Gerhard Martin Jordan (1871-1945). From 1909 to 1945, he was the Domänenpächter of the Fürstlich Schwarzburgischen Domäne Griesheim. He was a Hauptmann der Landwehr-Feldartillerie 1. Aufgebot, and was given the Charakter of Major der Landwehr a.D. when he was retired on 9 December 1919. He received the Fürstlich Schwarzburgisches Ehrenkreuz on 9 December 1914 as commander of the 5. Artillerie-Munitions-Kolonne of the XI. Armeekorps. He received the k.u.k. Österreich-Ungarisches Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Klasse mit der Kriegsdekoration 3. Klasse while serving with Staffelstab 135. He also had the Landwehr-Dienstauszeichnung 1. Klasse.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss_Griesheim

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griesheim_(Stadtilm)

The attached death notice appeared in 'Das Ostpreussenblatt' on 05th August 1952. Unfortunately I cannot verify if he actually received the Hohenzollern, or any other award for that matter. He was from IR 43 and became a POW (probably in the Eastern theatre) with an unknown flying unit in 1915. 

Ammon, Gotthard1.JPG

Hi Matty

He was a member of FFA 52 when he was brought down on 04.03.1915. The award info from his BAMA file differs from  "your" list. I do think Hohenzollern should instead be Sächsiche Albrecht Kreuz and vwAbz should be in silber.

After the War he lead an Freikorps aviation unit.

Gunnar