From Pforzheimer Anzeiger (9.12.1943)

Major Karl Bäsch, who also received DKiG (sort of WW2's Hohenzollern Hausorden) and more: 

bäsch.png

Edited by webr55
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lt dR Wilhelm Ruwie (destroyed seven tanks). From Nassauer Bote, 31.10.1918

Such an amazing project to lift all these brave men from oblivion 👍

Here's a picture I found somewhere. An unknown LW Major with HHOX, WF and Meiningen.

Posted Images

Hi Matt

Thanks a lot.

With that information,  now we have for Hans Clausen the following orders and medals

knight cross of St Henry of Saxe

knight cross 2nd class with X of Albert of Saxe

Medal in silver of St Henry of Saxe

Iron cross 2nd and first class

Knight cross with swords of House Order of Hohenzollern

Observer badge

Christophe

On 12/11/2020 at 16:10, webr55 said:

Again, we have him already I think, but still: Olt Hans Clausen, from Jenaer Volksblatt, 1. September 1918 

clausen .png

Hi,

I want to be sure, you are not talking about Leutnant Hans Clausen from FA 230 and who served in the FR 108 ?

On the list, but still more info here maybe:

Lt Heinrich Neuwirth, from Karlsruher Zeitung, 7.6.1918

neuwirth.png

From Ostpreußenblatt, 26.2.1955:

Hptm Ernst Mann from Pillau

ernstmann.png

Edited by webr55

Another one from the Ostpreußenblatt (23.4.1960), might have some new info on Ulrich Benefeldt from IR 43:

benefeldt.png

And another one, might have more info on Oberst Julius Münster, from Ostpreußenblatt 20.8.1960. 

münster.png

Rudolf Fischer from the 1942 edition of 'Garten Kunst'. Born 15 Dec 1883 in Berlin. See page 9 of the first file, and page 2 of the second link for details of his EK1. He was from GGR 3 and RIR 262. The book on the latter regiment notes his HOH3x award on page 238. He appears a few times in the verlustlisten. 

http://gartentexte-digital.ub.tu-berlin.de/archiv/Gartenkunst/Jg.55/B10.pdf

http://gartentexte-digital.ub.tu-berlin.de/archiv/Gartenkunst/Jg.30/Anhang1.pdf

http://dfg-viewer.de/show?tx_dlf[double]=0&tx_dlf[id]=http%3A%2F%2Fdigital.wlb-stuttgart.de%2Fmets%2Furn%3Anbn%3Ade%3Absz%3A24-digibib-kxp16632258343%2Furn%3Anbn%3Ade%3Absz%3A24-digibib-kxp16632258343.xml&tx_dlf[page]=270&cHash=6c3ecab334e9f6328518f1cc348b779b 

10 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Leutnant dL Heinrich Zeininger (see page 8). Born 1867 !

http://gartentexte-digital.ub.tu-berlin.de/archiv/Gartenkunst/Jg.52/B09.pdf 

Very interesting! The last Prussian "Hofgartendirektor". There is even a picture in the article, however the scan makes it unrecognizable. Fortunately, it can be found on the net:
It might be that this is the Hohenzollern Hausorden without swords.

Heinrich_Zeininger.jpg.4b0520a351c7b46728ff42bbf541681b.jpg

What I can recognize:

EK, Verdienstkreuz für Kriegshilfe, HHO, RAO4, some Long Service decoration probably

then 4 foreign decorations:
first might be Austrian
2nd looks a bit like the Hungarian War Remembrance Medal, but I'm not sure
3rd might be Danebrog
last one: Bulgarian Order of Civil Merit

Edited by webr55

I looked in the Swedish "statskalendern" from 1880. Statskalendern are were important people in Sweden was listed with there ODM´s. I found 4 persons who hade recived this order. 

Carl Herman Oscar Ennes, Ärekors af Hohenz. Hus 0. 3:e kl. 

Frih. Gustaf Johan Wilhelm Ehrenborgh, Ärekors af Hohenz. Hus O. 2:a kl.

Sven Hjalmar Thestrup, Ärekors af Hohenz. Hus-O. 3:e kl.

Olde, Emanuel Mathias, Ärekors Hohenz. Hus. 0. 3:e kl. 

So these person would have gotten the order before 1880. 

On 20/11/2020 at 22:58, Mattyboy said:

Great work! Here is a 1932 article relating to a Josef Jans (b. 1894). I cannot find him in the MWB or any other publications from the war era. 

http://sammlungen.ub.uni-frankfurt.de/periodika/periodical/pageview/3430365?query=segelflieger hausorden 

Hello,

does anybody have more info on Jans?

I have a Lt d.R. Jans in Feldluftschiffabteilung 21.

Maybe him?

Best,

Daniel