News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

House Order of Hohenzollern - info needed

Guest Rick Research

Roman's lapel bow. :rolleyes:

I'm not happy with that as a foursome. Nothing to suggest it's bad... just can't imagine anybody with that combination NOT wearing the other awards.

Guest Rick Research

That's his Silesian Eagle 2 ribbon.

Familiar face... a General, I think you're right, just can't FIND him right away. :banger:

Is it yours? I note the eCrap Spot and don't want to lose time on something just Out There Somewhere--and don't want to post free ID for whoever owbs it if NOT here at GMIC.

That's his Silesian Eagle 2 ribbon.

Familiar face... a General, I think you're right, just can't FIND him right away. :banger:

Is it yours? I note the eCrap Spot and don't want to lose time on something just Out There Somewhere--and don't want to post free ID for whoever owbs it if NOT here at GMIC.

Not mine, no. No need to look for ages, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have three more HOH3X bars that - I think - have not been shown here in the thread (or even forum). The first one is a combination of HOH3X, BZ3aX or BZ3bX, OK2 with "Vor Dem Feinde" and an additional wreath device, DA and TH with device. Also notice the small "FRANKREICH" bar on EK2 ribbon. The whole bar is a huge and heavy thing, dates into late 20s/early 30s from the Austrian and Hungarian medal but missing Honour cross. Really an odd thing, but I found no one with HOH3X, a Z?hringer and Oldenburg cross - but nothing else. There were a handfull with this, but they had additional pre war or war time awards... anyone here get's him...?

:speechless:

Edited by saschaw

Funnily, I have another set of two, again with HOH3X, BZ3?X and OK2... those two came together, while the bar up is a single. The bigger, WW2 dating bar uses a Pour le Merite ribbon for the EK2... they did come from a family with a name, but tha name is neither known for a plm nor for a HOH3X...

:speechless1:

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: WEIRD black round wreath on the OK ribbon!!!! :speechless1:

BAD man wearing House Order Xs on his OK ribbons. :shame:

The problem is, we don't have rolls for the Oldenburg Friedrich August Crosses, so not being able to "find" somebody with one doesn't mean anything. To search these three awards-- Hohenzollern X, Z?hringen X, and Oldenburg FAK... unless the guy happened to have stayed in the Reichsheer or Reichsmarine... we have no clue because we can only search the first two awards from rolls. :(

Ah, okay. That explains I cannot find anyone with that actually not unique combination. I was wondering if the guy with the weird bar (did you notice the "FRANKREICH" clasp on his EK2 ribbon? :speechless: ) did stay in Reichswehr/Reichnmarine as he had use for a ribbon bar in the 20s/30s. It seems he was in uniform before 1934/35, but then I realized there were some more "uniforms" than those two... hum...

• 2 weeks later...

:Cat-Scratch: WEIRD black round wreath on the OK ribbon!!!! :speechless1:

BAD man wearing House Order Xs on his OK ribbons. :shame:

-dumb question...on Post 156, top ribbon bar. How can we tell it is not the Oldenburg PFL House Order? Also, the FAK shouldn't have swords on the ribbon at all....right?

The problem is, we don't have rolls for the Oldenburg Friedrich August Crosses, so not being able to "find" somebody with one doesn't mean anything. To search these three awards-- Hohenzollern X, Z?hringen X, and Oldenburg FAK... unless the guy happened to have stayed in the Reichsheer or Reichsmarine... we have no clue because we can only search the first two awards from rolls. :(

In a previous post I mentioned that I once had the HoHx doc for Friedrich Renke. I also had his listing of all his awards, service etc. I think I may have stumbled on a photo of him. Renke was from Hamburg, and was a school teacher so the info fits. Apparently he was a Ortsgruppenamtsleiter. Can someone confirm its the same guy?

The photo comes from the following site:

http://www.germaniainternational.com/nsdap7.html

Edited by Daniel Cole

Guest Rick Research

I can't imagine a Hohenzollern winner not only NOT wearing his ribbon bar but also NOT wearing his EK1. :speechless1:

The Oldenburg House Order with Xs during the war was very much linked to possession of the Prussian Hohenzollern House Order X. Because we only have gazette dates for the HOH3X rather than the award dates of the OV#X, can't say definitively that the Oldenburg House Order with Xs was NEVER awarded before the HOH3X during the war-- but I doubt it. No HOH3X = no OV#X. And no Great War OV#X was awarded without possessing OKs.