News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

East German unknown medas

Hi gents, I bought these as they were cheap as chips, but I have no idea what they are, the seller couldn't speak English, I received the following description:

Biete

Top- Satz Med.

Kampfgruppe

B-S-G-Gold

DDR

Sorry about the photo, when I receive them I'll take a better one.

Hi gents, I bought these as they were cheap as chips, but I have no idea what they are, the seller couldn't speak English, I received the following description:

Biete

Top- Satz Med.

Kampfgruppe

B-S-G-Gold

DDR

Sorry about the photo, when I receive them I'll take a better one.

Hallo Troy, :cheers:

they are all connected to the old D.D.R. (East Germany) some are already featured on the Forum.

Kevin in Deva.

Hi Paul, thanks for that. So I'm thinking the one on the left, the gold one, would be the higher grade, and the next three would go down in service depending on how many stripes are on the ribbon? What is a kampgruppe in the DDR? Not the same as a WWII German Kampgruppe?

Hi Paul, thanks for that. So I'm thinking the one on the left, the gold one, would be the higher grade, and the next three would go down in service depending on how many stripes are on the ribbon? What is a kampgruppe in the DDR? Not the same as a WWII German Kampgruppe?

Hi Troy,

You are correct. I think that they are in five year increments.

The medals are for the DDR Period.

Regards

Paul

Hi,

the "Kampfgruppen der Arbeiterklasse" are a paramilitary organization, appr. 400,00 men.

An unofficial name was "Volkssturm" :D .

It was like the "National Guard" in the USA.

The medals from the right to the left are for 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service in the Kampfgruppen.

They are not rare ;) .

Regards

Uwe

Hey, at these prices, I could acquire quite the (non-rare) extensive collection! Are there any books or guides to DDR militaria in English that you know of?

"Militaria" or medals? If "medals", I don't know of anything in English, but with very basic (or no) German you can use:

Frank Bartel, DDR-Spezialkatalog, vol. 1, Staatliche Auszeichenungen der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik 1949-1990, 3rd ed. ([berlin: Internationale Sammlerb?rse Berlin, 2003]; ISBN 3-937637-11-1)

Ingo G. Haarke and Andr? H?sken, Deutschland-Katalog: Orden, Ehrenzeichen and Auszeichnungen der Deutsche Demokratischen Republik, 1st ed. ([Hamburg: Ingo G. Haarke and Andr? H?sken], 1991/92; no ISBN)

See: http://www.omsa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=626

Wow Paul, I only wanted ONE book! Thanks for that link.

Not a problem. They are most easily found on Ebay of Germany. www.ebay.de

You might have to execute a bit of patience, but one will show!