News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Tobruk Group

• 2 months later...
    Guest andrew67

Well they obviously have no bloody idea about Australian military history. The 7th Division, known as the "Silent Seventh" fought in practically every major battle the Australian army was involved in.

Battle honours

North Africa

Giarabub

Defence of Tobruk

The Salient 1941

South-West Pacific 1942-1945

Buna-Gona

Sanananda Road

Cape Endaiadere-Sinemi Creek

Sanananda-Cape Killerton

Milne Bay

Liberation of Australian New Guinea

Shaggy Ridge

Finisterres

Borneo 1945

Balikpapan

My grandfather was in the 7th Division with the 2/1 AA Regiment. By rights he should have got an Africa star but didnt receive it. It was a mistake as far as I am concerned. I dont have his medals but am still hoping I may get them from a relative. If I do , I will be asking the Defense department for the missing medal.

My other grandfather served in the Middle East and Africa and didnt get the 39-45 star ! I fixed that problem last year. Unfortunately he died 3 weeks ago , but I now have all his war photos and some of them are incredible !