News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fire brigade medals?

Good afternoon gentlemen! I have just received two more medals in the mail, I believe they are post-war Fire Brigade awards, but I'm uncertain. Is anyone able to identify them for me please? Here is the first one:

The second one:

Thanks again my tutors!

Thanks Kev, so would I be right in thinking the one with the cross on the ribbon bar is a higher grade than the one with a plain ribbon bar? Is red, white, red a standard ribbon colour for the fire brigade or is it representitive of a particular German state? The ribbons are, or seem to me at any rate, as new, and the medals themselves appear either new or close to new. I shall get some better photos soon1

Gotcha on that Kevin, but I was wondering the difference between the two ribbon bars for the two different medals. One is a plain ribbon bar, and the other has the cross on it, so I was guessing the medal with the ribbon bar with the little cross on it, is a higher grade than the medal with the plain ribbon bar?

Troy Tempest

I can't see enought of the center of the first medal in post #1 to ID it.

Medal #2 in post #1 is the 25 year LSM for Nordrhein Westfalen, instituted about 1954.

The third medal from Hauptman, with the three lions in the center, is from Wurttemberg, also 25 year LSM, instituted around 1956.

All are fairly common in the silver grade.

FireMedals

Hi Dan, do you know what state that crest signifys at all?

Hi Troy,

Sorry I didn't get back sooner on this but many thanks to Fire Medals to giving the answer... especially since I didn't know. :P

Some beautiful pieces you have. :love: And welcome to the club by the way! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Hallo Peter J :beer:

the center shield with Blue and white does denote the state of Bavaria on your item.

This nice one

I saw recently on Ebay, but it had just sold :mad:

Its for 25 years in the State of Saxony Firebrigade

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva