News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal for Strengthening Military Cooperation awarded twice ?

Can the Medal for strengthening Military Cooperation be awarded twice ?

Here is the answer on this Colonel General of Aviation uniform... :beer:

Have you already seen this ?

Cheers.

Ch.

Pic : ? Christophe ? ChR Collection

Edited by Christophe

Guest Rick Research

What is he doing with the 1995 Patriotic War Jubilee and the 1996 Zhukov Centennial (4th and 5th in 3rd row) when he is NOT a WW2 veteran????????? :speechless1:

I can only hope he is retired, since aren't those a lot of the Imaginary Communist "Government" souvenir JUNK filling up rows near his last few foreigns?

Don't tell me active duty personnel are allowed to wear that anti-Federation nonsense? :speechless1:

Hi Rick,

I found interesting this ribbon bar, and that's why I have taken the pic and posted it...

I have not the name of this General, even if I could find it. What is sure is that he is a "real" General, still active as far as I can know, participating to the MAKS Airshow in Zhukovsky, amongts other officials. Not a fantasy guy, in all meanings of the word... I have taken the pic at a moment we were relaxing, under a temperature of 35?C...

Again, this is a "real" general, with a "real" uniform...

He apparently likes the un-official medals... The HSU is a wearer copy, with the back blank and "frosted". I have taken it in hands...

Cheers.

Ch.

What is he doing with the 1995 Patriotic War Jubilee and the 1996 Zhukov Centennial (4th and 5th in 3rd row) when he is NOT a WW2 veteran????????? :speechless1:

(...)

I agree the 1995 Patriotic War Jubilee is surprising, but the Zhukov centennial is more logical, as the Presidential decree N?1334 of 30 December 1995 introduced an addendum to the regulation which specified that the medal could be awarded to military personnel of the Russian Ministry of Defense or other ministries and governmental agencies involving military service for courage abd bravery shown in defending teh Russian Homeland and state interests. It is clearly the case, here, with our General.

For the 50th Jubilee Medal, I have to check if there is not such an addendum, which could explain why...

Ch.

Can the Medal for strengthening Military Cooperation be awarded twice ?

Dear Christophe,

why not - it's o.k. with the regulations and statutes of that medal :D .

At an embassy party I met an colonel with that medal and I asked him for what deeds he got that rare medal. He told me, that he did some important staff-work during one of the large "Warsaw-Treaty"-manouvres.

So, my explaination, why the MAKS-General has two of these medals is:

He might have done jobs during two (2) "Warsaw-Treaty"-manouvres :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: Many thanks for sharing that highly interesting ribbon-bar with us :cheers: .

The Medal 20 Years of Victory has been awarded to former servicemen and civilians who took part in GPW, and ALSO to all individuals serving in the Armed Forces as of 9 May 1965. This was not the case for the Medals for 30 and 40 Years, restricted to former combatants and civilians veterans of GPW.

For the Medal for 50 Years, this is curious : see my previous posts...

Cheers.

Ch.

• 12 years later...