Unknown Austrian medal #2

Troy Tempest

Hello again! This one came in the mail today, it was described as DT Reich Medaille Das Land Tirol 1914-1918. Could somebody let me know if that is the correct name for it please? Sorry the photo isn't the best, and there is no reverse photo. The reverse has an Austrain eagle on the back, well, I'm presuming it's an Austrian one at any rate. Thanks again gentlemen!

Guest Darrell

Hi Troy, beg me butting in with an honest question ... but ... am I correct in assuming your bought all the medals you are posting without knowing anything about them? :unsure:

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

Hi Darrell, some of them I didn't, but I'm just checking that I have the correct names for my records. Some I have been right about, but some I haven't. Do you know what this particular piece is actually called at all please?

No problem. I didn't know whether you inherited these or just bought them out of the spur of the moment. If the later, you'd best be careful, this hobby is a minefield for disaster if you don't know what you're buying :cheers:

No problem. I didn't know whether you inherited these or just bought them out of the spur of the moment. If the later, you'd best be careful, this hobby is a minefield for disaster if you don't know what you're buying :cheers:

And, these days, it often is even if you (think) you know what you're buying. :P