News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

I am wondering if any of you knows where I can find online the rank insignia of German imperial army???? from lower ranks to Generalfeldmarschall, I find the shoulder board insignia but couldn't find for example the neck insignia for Generals.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Humberto Corado

thank you for the links Hardy!!! I am confused about the imperial rank insignia ( not know much about the subject) so what insignia the General's wear in their collar patches??? let say from Generalmajor to Generalfeldmarschall??

I have seen photos of General's without any collar insignia??

Thanks again!

thank you for the links Hardy!!! I am confused about the imperial rank insignia ( not know much about the subject) so what insignia the General's wear in their collar patches??? let say from Generalmajor to Generalfeldmarschall??

I have seen photos of General's without any collar insignia??

Thanks again!

Humberto,

the Imperial German collar patches (Kragenspiegel) were not universal - their motive or even their presence depended more on the tradition of a certain Regiment rather then rank. (Hindenburg for instance wore the Garde Litzen - nothing to do with his rank).

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Humberto,

the AKO (Allerh?chste Kabinettorder) from March 22. 1900 has awarded the Stickerei (General Officer Collar patches - see image below) to all Prussian Generals.

The origin of the patches dates back to 1730, then given to the the "Alt-Larisch" Prussian Infanterie Regiment 26 by Frederick the Great.

W?rtemberg, Hessen and Sachsen followed the fashion for their Generals and in 1915 Bavaria as well adopted the General Officer collar patches (Bavarian General patches were silver)- however many Imperial officers of General rank wore their old Regiment uniforms.

File0041-1.jpg

Hardy

Edited by Naxos