News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Maybe he is missing with Dr. Beutin? :rolleyes::lol:

Naww, must have just had this Hindenburg Cross then. Oh well. Thanks for looking. :beer:

We should have a contest about whose roll(s) will be published first...

but they way mine have been delayed, I wouldn't bet on me, either! :speechless1::catjava:

• Replies 149
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Ricky,

Nah, i don't think that the L?beck roll will be the first to be launched. We still have a lot of work to do (approx. 50 %) of the list.

Then we also have to add the backgroundinfo on this award + info on its creation, etc .... (hehehe => yesyes, i have received in the very first days of this year 2008 a microfilm from L?beck (approx. 180 pages) wich contains info on the creation of this award :speechless1:

That will mean that the L?beckroll will be a book on its own, containing the complete awardlist + the backrgoundinfo on its creation, awarding, etc ..... :cheers:

After all this info is worked through it might be ready for launch, but that will be first end 2008 - rather 2009 i think (realistic). But do not panic, we are working very hard on this one :cheeky:

Cordial greetings,

ps: so the honour will be yours my friend to get the lists first published

Hello,

Ah yes, we are not sleeping :Cat-Scratch: => just finished anotehr 350 names and so it will continue untill the complete roll is done :cheers:

Yes, yes, some famous names also along with it, for example;

Just did find the entry of the famous General von Lettow-Vorbeck. He was entered not earlyer then 1919 in the roll.

Cordial greetings

• 5 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Soooo, how's the L?beck work going?

Here's an odd one that just :cheers: came in:

1) Ernestine... some class in silver (Medal? Merit Cross? Knight 2nd?)

2) Austro-Hungarian (no device... Bravery Medal? or just... no device? Or FJO on war ribbon, or ?...)

3) Bulgarian generic Bravery ribbon (again no device, so nooooo clue)

4) :Cat-Scratch: L?beck Hanseatic Cross AFTER two FOREIGN awards !!! :speechless1:

I know it's not an Imtiaz because the mothies have munched through the back and it is WHITE/RED not faded out GREEN/RED.

Assuming there was an Iron Cross ribbon worn in the buttonhole... VERY odd to have this sort of rbbon bar with awards split that way. 4 different states' awards on a bar to a presumed Prussian (who just wore his EK2 ribbon alone, most of the time?) is a LOT for an enlisted man...

but cannot tell from this combination if he was an officer, NCO, or private. Some things are just not possible from ribbons alone.

without comparing the Ernestine and L?beck Hanseatic rolls, of course. :catjava:

Hello,

Thanks for showing and adding information towards this thread :jumping: => we are still working on the L?H list (i had a PC crash last month wich caused the loss off quite some work. However no need to worry as we have retyped the lost info almost again :speechless:

So, the L?H roll is still worked on - presumably finished arround summer 2008. But then it has not ended yet. I have received a Microfilm about the institution, etc.... wich needs to be vieuwed, etc .... bringing this into account => teh L?H will be ready i think completely arround end 2008. :rolleyes:

Cordial greetings,

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Yes, L?beck team is still going => i finished yesterday anotehr series of about 1000 names and we have now about 8.200 names.

I am pretty sure that our friend David M will also sent me in the near future another approx. names so the numbers are getting higher :speechless1::jumping:

Cordial greetings,

Soooo, how's the L?beck work going?

Here's an odd one that just :cheers: came in:

1) Ernestine... some class in silver (Medal? Merit Cross? Knight 2nd?)

2) Austro-Hungarian (no device... Bravery Medal? or just... no device? Or FJO on war ribbon, or ?...)

3) Bulgarian generic Bravery ribbon (again no device, so nooooo clue)

4) :Cat-Scratch: L?beck Hanseatic Cross AFTER two FOREIGN awards !!! :speechless1:

I know it's not an Imtiaz because the mothies have munched through the back and it is WHITE/RED not faded out GREEN/RED.

Assuming there was an Iron Cross ribbon worn in the buttonhole... VERY odd to have this sort of rbbon bar with awards split that way. 4 different states' awards on a bar to a presumed Prussian (who just wore his EK2 ribbon alone, most of the time?) is a LOT for an enlisted man...

but cannot tell from this combination if he was an officer, NCO, or private. Some things are just not possible from ribbons alone.

without comparing the Ernestine and L?beck Hanseatic rolls, of course. :catjava:

Wow, that's very unusual and interesting. I've seen one in the past with a Ernestine and a St Henry medal I think and one other but no EKII. I passed because I was unsure. Yours looks well used and worth having.

Hello,

When working on the 8200 names, correcting, etc ... i came across one very strange unit => Freikorps :speechless1:

A L?H award in 1920 towards a soldier who was in a Freikorps. Either his merits from WWI did reach to get it while he was already a member of the 'Freikorps' or he earned his L?H for actions during the after WWI years? Who will tell :speechless::jumping:

Fun, fun it is :cheeky:

Hello,

When working on the 8200 names, correcting, etc ... i came across one very strange unit => Freikorps :speechless1:

A L?H award in 1920 towards a soldier who was in a Freikorps. Either his merits from WWI did reach to get it while he was already a member of the 'Freikorps' or he earned his L?H for actions during the after WWI years? Who will tell :speechless::jumping:

Fun, fun it is :cheeky:

It may be a delayed award for actions or services rendered up to 1918. Interesting, nevertheless.

Hello,

Yes most probably a delayed award for WWI actions, but who knows? :rolleyes:

Anyway, certain is that he (Leutnant der Reserve Eggerding Huber-Georg) was awarded his L?H with the date of 08/12/1920 as serving with the Freikorps Hasse.

Anyone ever heard of the Freikorps ?

Cordial greetings, :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

Freikorps Hasse only operated from December 1918 to May 1919-- so it 1920 it had already Ceased To BE as well. About 1,400 men, mostly from Infantry Regiments 99 and 129 who served under then-Oberst Ernst Hasse (1867-1945).

Hello Rick,

Thank you for that additional info on the Freikorps Hasse :cheers:

Is it for example known wich company's did produce the L?h crosses? Did anyone ever find one with a makers mark or somthing that does point into the direction of a certain producer?

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

And the work is never ending => but we do work stubournly on this project. I can give you guys once again a small update on the advance:

Totally listed names at this point : 9.822

ANd now lets focus a bit on the flying units trough WWI and the L?H awards towards these aerial branch:

Totally (from the listed 9.822 entry's) towards Aerial troops: 116

The breakdown for the flying guys does look as following:

A) Normal flying untis (for example, Jasta, etc...) : 51

B) Marine flying units : 27

C) Luftschiffer : 30

D) Marine - Luftschiffer : 6

E) Balloon guys : 2

And yes, it is not finished yet, when a total estimated of arround 13.000 we still have to list then a small 20 %. But we are working on and on .... :cheeky:

Cordial greetings,

Guest Rick Research

Here are the ones Neal found. I could never convince him it made more sense to alphabetize than to do in chronological order-- and have to search ALL of them for one name!

part 1 of 3

part 2 of 3

Guest Rick Research

Neal's L?beck WINGED aircraft unit recipients part 3 of 3

All naval officers and aviation fatalities have more information on them, of course.

Hello,

Wel, wel, wel => was Beutin mayby a Hauptmann during WWI?

Iff so then Herr Beutin did earn his L?H while acting with the Landsturm Infanterie-Regiment 9 with the date of 2/09/1917 :jumping:

So my dear friend Ricky, you see => he turned up after all :cheers:

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

please, das anyone knows when was decorated with the L?beck Hanseatic Cross next Pour le merite-Winners U-Boot Commanders:

Walther Schwieger (was decorated?)

Reinhold Saltzwedel (?)

Karl Bartenbach (?)

Hans Adam (?)

Robert Wilhelm Moraht

Hans Viktor Howaldt

Erwin Wassner (?)

Ralph Wenninger

Andreas Michelsen

Paul Hundius (?)

Kurt Hartwig (?)

Thanks

Igor

Hi Igor,

From the named persons only 3 did get the L?H, they are:

* Bartenbach Karl => 06.06.1917 as a Korvettenkapit?n

* Moraht Robert => 17.04.1918 as a Kapit?n-Leutnant

* Howaldt Hans => 27.04.1918 as a Kapit?n-Leutnant

I hope this helps :rolleyes::cheers:

Cordial greetings,

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: That is terrific! Good old C. G. Ulrich's Successor was a PROLIFIC medal bar mounter-- but I've never seen a BOX from them before. :cheers: