News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Ah yes, towards the 4 place medalbar with the IX A.K. medal => a German friend did tell me these should have been awarded arround 1920-1921. No clue however on whatthese dates are based? I am even wondering iff my medal is then on the correct ribbon (guess so) as you did mention earlier that most are found on a cornblue ribbon.

The emdal itself is a real qualitypiece what concerns production, very pure => i like it for certain. :cheeky:

Cordial greetings,

• Replies 149
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Mystery Man was either an Oberstleutnant during the war (the most probable) or was promoted to Major during the war.

* EK 2

* Red Eagle (4 (every pre-war major had one, and lucky Captains)

* Prussian long service cross XXV (but PRE- or POST- war?)

* Centenary medal

* Z?hringen Lion-Knight 1st X and Oakleaves(= Oberstleutnant) OR same but Knight 2nd X w/OL (= Captain :banger: )

* House Order, 3rd or 4th Class from Lippe-Detmold or Schaumburg-Lippe (and I've done the rolls for all of BOTH :banger: )

* Hamburg Hanseatic

* L?H

* Austrian Milit?r Verdienstkreuz 3rd Class

So the Baden ribbon can be 2 awards, and the Lippe ribbon can be 4 awards. There are many problems with the late Erhard Roth's reading of XEROXES of the Z?hringen Lion roll (horrible horrible horrible-- somebody needs to SCAN them photographically and completely re-do that work, which he abandoned without entering any of the awards from mid-1918 to the end of the war! :speechless1: ), and the Schaumburg rolls are so vague ("Oberleutnant Schmidt." :banger: ) that the potential combinations cannot be matched up yet. That's why I'm hoping the L?beck roll will connect and bring up a name. :beer:

Hi RIck,

Interesting, please advise how the L?beck roll could be off some help. I could do a search on our listed things iff you have some more clue's => i guess you would start with a query on lets say all persons with the rank of? :

* Major

* Oberstleutant

Cordial greetings

Guest Rick Research

No, there are too many names at this point. Hundreds. Captains? Majors who had been promoted from Captain? Lieutenant Colonels? Colonels who had been promoted...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So I can't even DEFINITELY match the Z?hringen choices with the Lippe choices yet. :( When your list is done, I will go through all of those and try to find any double matches that can then be made into a triple. I am failing, I think, because of the wretched Prussians with no first names and the wretched Schaumburgers with no units. M?ller, Schmidt... that sort of common name can't be confirmed without "triangulation" from multiple points. :banger:

Then again, he also has the Hamburg, so when THAT 50,000 gets done, that will be FOUR to try matching up. :catjava:

• 1 month later...

Hello,

For you guys who think that the L?beckteam has been sleeping, not true => our fingers are bleeding from the massive typingjob.

We have finished approx. the half of the roll and have listed so far : 6.385 names.

A small statistical vieuw does give us the following:

1915: 651 persons (10,2 %)

1916: 2.092 persons (32,8 %)

1917: 1.980 persons (31,0 %)

1918: 1.437 persons (22,5 %)

1919: 93 persons (1,5 %)

1920: 50 persons (0,8 %)

1921: 7 persons

unknown year of issue: 74 persons (1,2 %)

And for the guys who love such statistics, i can add that amongst the total of 6.385 listed names the following (specialized) branches can be found:

* Flying troops: 41 persons

* Naval Flying troops : 16 persons

* Luftschiffer: 18 persons

* Naval Luftschiffer: 3 persons

* Navy : 397 persons

* Schutztruppe : 18 persons

And the work does continue :speechless:

COrdial greetings + thanks for looking,

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Friends,

on Sunday I got a nice present from my fathers friend. It's a Milit?rpa? for a medical orderly! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

He was from the beginning until the end of the WW I. in the Infanterie-Regiment L?beck (3. Hanseatisches) Nr.162.

Heinrich Karl Ketzner was arwarded at the 21.10.1916 with the Iron Cross 2. class and at the 17.11.1916 with the L?becker Hanseatic Cross.

The special thing is the printed Red Cross on the Military Pass.

Hello,

I have the following:

Ketzner - Heinrich / Uffz. der Reserve / I.R. 162 / List nr. 23 / award date entry n the L?beck ROll : 25.11.1916 :jumping:

Lovely entry for sure + thanks for sharing.

zWhere does the difference in date come from??

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

@ Ricky: i have checked => i am missing a part of the B-entry's + that is a part i can't give info on. Must check again, etc ....

@ Landsknechte: very nice ribbon bar, however indeed i think impossible to ID as to thin and a L?H is also not exactly a unique award. :rolleyes:

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

@ Ricky: i have checked => i am missing a part of the B-entry's + that is a part i can't give info on. Must check again, etc ....

@ Landsknechte: very nice ribbon bar, however indeed i think impossible to ID as to thin and a L?H is also not exactly a unique award. :rolleyes:

Cordial greetings,

Can someone tell me (off line) approximate values of the Hanseatic awards? In all my years collecting I've never purchased any of the three because they were common and inexpensive. Its time to correct that.

Guest Rick Research

Quite an ODD combination though-- with ONLY the Baden War Effort Cross and the L?beck. IF the Baden rolls were around, and got done along with the L?beck project... it would be hard to imagine more than two with JUST this pair.

:Cat-Scratch: Missing! Missing part of the Roll! :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

I couldn't even begin to guess "going prices" these days of Gone By Next Week's Online Update. (So much for memory preserved in paper forever) but the latest Official Price Guide I have (2005/06) shows

Bremen ? 65

Hamburg ? 65

and

L?beck ? 55

these "Deutschland Katalog 1800-1945" prices (which dealers charge when the thumbs are on THEIR scales, and ignore when they want/can get more) are nonsense.

Hamburg is common, Bremen scarce, and L?beck what we can nowadays call relatively rare at ROUGHLY 50,000, 20,000 and 8,000 of each, respectively.

So much for Official Price Guides! :speechless:

Quite an ODD combination though-- with ONLY the Baden War Effort Cross and the L?beck. IF the Baden rolls were around, and got done along with the L?beck project... it would be hard to imagine more than two with JUST this pair.

:Cat-Scratch: Missing! Missing part of the Roll! :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

I couldn't even begin to guess "going prices" these days of Gone By Next Week's Online Update. (So much for memory preserved in paper forever) but the latest Official Price Guide I have (2005/06) shows

Bremen ? 65

Hamburg ? 65

and

L?beck ? 55

these "Deutschland Katalog 1800-1945" prices (which dealers charge when the thumbs are on THEIR scales, and ignore when they want/can get more) are nonsense.

Hamburg is common, Bremen scarce, and L?beck what we can nowadays call relatively rare at ROUGHLY 50,000, 20,000 and 8,000 of each, respectively.

So much for Official Price Guides! :speechless:

I'll take one of each! :cheeky:

That's one that I never suspected would be that unique. Another one to add to my list of likely unique but eternally untraceable ribbon bars. :banger:

It's the Baden War Merit cross, and I don't know of any rolls, not even roughly numbers ... it was a very common award in WWI for any merit, as we can se from documents. Very different people, civil as military, but no idea how many awards at all.

:speechless:

It's the Baden War Merit cross, and I don't know of any rolls, not even roughly numbers ... it was a very common award in WWI for any merit, as we can se from documents. Very different people, civil as military, but no idea how many awards at all.

:speechless:

My Lubeck contribution. I only have this small ribbon bar.

Guest Rick Research

Ha! you've lost Dr. Beutin! Woe! Misery! Pacing back and forth Felix-the-cat type smilie!

How about THIS guy-- all I ever had was his Hindenburg Cross X document:

Hello,

Oh you naughty Ricky => now i do see th truth only shortly before the new year has begun . :speechless:

Malinsky, MALINSKY, Malinsky.

Im sorry, no trace on him in the L?H roll :cheeky:

I do salute you my dear forumfriends, this was my last post what 2007 does mean.

Ciao + see you next year :cheers: