Hello,

Thank you for showing that wonderfull medalbar. :cheers:

I have received the last part of the list and am working on it, just finished anotehr 1.000 names + i guess untill the summer the list will be complete :cheers:

Cordial greetings + feel free tos how what you got in this thread

ps: yes, yes David, the scans will be sent towards you during the weekend to list a bit more

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

ps: yes, yes David, the scans will be sent towards you during the weekend to list a bit more

HI Stijn

That would be great. I have a longer weekend than usual, so I would have some more time for the L?beck transcriptions.

David

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Not sure if this is the right place, but it's L?beck and i think somehow related?

I've had this tinnie for a while and wonder what exactly it is? My best guess is it was for calling people to join the army in 1914?

regards,

Gaston

Hi,

I can assist Rick, it is definetely not a call to join the Army.

Please see here the "Erster Hanseatenappell Hamburg 1913"

http://www.german-militaria.de/details/d17422.html

I think that it is a roll call for a close and better collaboration between the Hanse cities, especial in economic development and expansion.

Regards

Uwe

• 5 years later...

Good Evening,

This is my first post on the forum after reading many help threads. I just purchased the book Pour le Merite und Tapferkeitmedaille by Klietmann with states the following numbers.

Bremen; The last ceremony was held on 23 November 1923. A total of 20,018 decorations have been awarded.
Hamburg; Is estimated to approximately 50,000 Hanseatenkrueze have been awarded.
Lubeck; The ceremonies of the cross extending to the year 1919.

chuck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/8/2017 at 11:48, eurorders said:

Hi, here is a Lubeck war commem cross I acquired a while back. I have not seen one just like it and wondered if others have. Thanks. enclosure

IMG_20170722_094107677.jpg

Where did you get it? As far as I know these are considered fake. They pop up on eBay periodically sold by known crooks.

I bought it on ebay. Usually when fakes are made, they are more abundant or prolific to warrant the die being manufactured. Interesting.  I see that with coins. Time after time, you see the same fake and thus are able to draw that conclusion.

23 hours ago, eurorders said:

I bought it on ebay. Usually when fakes are made, they are more abundant or prolific to warrant the die being manufactured. Interesting.  I see that with coins. Time after time, you see the same fake and thus are able to draw that conclusion.

I have strong doubts that this is genuine. The fact you bought it on eBay reinforces this opinion. The infamous "Club" and its various alter-egos dole these out sparingly on eBay, in order the avoid raising alarms. There's also a seller called Porre81 who sells these and most of his items are fake.

Except for eBay, I have never seen this cross before, anywhere and I've been collecting Imperial for over 50 years. It could well be a fantasy piece.

Edited by bolewts58