News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Honor Decoration of the Kaiser and King?s Couple?s twenty-fifth Anniversary

hello all,

I am wondering if any of you could help me to know the award criteria for the Honor Decoration of the Kaiser and King?s Couple?s twenty-fifth Anniversary???

I am wondering if if this was an common award ( given to all) or was an award just given to the high ranking people of the empire? as a token of estime from the kaiser??? they were awarded with document???

Thanks in advance!

Humberto

Hello Humberto,

this questions were discussed a few weeks ago in the similar German forum "Sammlergemeinschaft Deutscher Auszeichnungen":

It was awarded to persons close to the jubilee couple, so it was not a common award. It was given also to 119 veterans belonging 25 years before to the 2nd company of the 1st Garde-Regiment zu Fu?, because that company was led by prince Wilhelm, the later Kaiser Wilhelm II. The figure XXV with a myrtle wreath around in silver lays on the ribbon of the last awarded Prussion order. If the person got no Prussion order before, the ribbon was white. The 119 veterans got the award on the ribbon of the Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen (see picture below). The awarding document was signed personally by the Kaiser.

with regards, Komtur.

Guest Rick Research

I have been told that the award rolls exist in an archive (person who saw them accidentally does not remember WHERE, but it was someplace unexpected) in Berlin, contained in HUGE bound folders.

Maybe our Resident Gnomes c :rolleyes: an find these again... it would be a nice Roll to have-- assuming each entry shows which ribbon was used as the backing!

Komtur,

Thank you for the picture of the civilian with the clasp. Until I saw it, I was not sure if these clasps went to military recipients only, or not. It would be nice if some of our resident experts could decipher his other awards. That done, he could very likely be identified.

Gentlemen,

In response to a couple of P.M.?s, below are a couple of other examples of this award.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Gentlemen,

These awards offer a rather fun and inexpensive (in my opinion, undervalued) collecting opportunity. An assortment -

Wild Card,

Where can I find these for sale? They would be a GREAT addition to my fledgling Imperial collection.

:beer: Doc

No. As Komtur pointed out in post #2 - ?The figure XXV with a myrtle wreath around in silver lays on the ribbon of the last awarded Prussian order. If the person got no Prussion order before, the ribbon was white.?

ah-I was not reading closely-fascinating stuff. Thanks!

I LOVE the war merit cross one- 1916-18 huh?

Those would look great on the OMSA database I think. :rolleyes:

I LOVE the war merit cross one- 1916-18 huh?

Hello Ulsterman,

that ribbon-question in this case is quite difficult. In the statuts of the Honor Decoration for the XXV anniversery it is spoken of orders, not decorations. Therefore I am shure, that very rare example with that special ribbon you mentioned is representing a Crown Order (4th or 3rd class) with memory ribbon ("am Erinnerungsband") awarded 1870/71 for merits behind the front. This "Erinnerungsband" is the same later used for the war merit cross.

With regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

Wild Card,

Where can I find these for sale? They would be a GREAT addition to my fledgling Imperial collection.

:beer: Doc

Hi Riley1865,

They come along from time to time, most often I would say, in auctions. However Weitze currently has one for sale on his web page.

Regards,

Wild Card :beer:

Hello Humberto,

I can?t tell you the number of awarded decorations, that?s a point I am interested too! But I can show a scan of an awarding document:

Thank you very much Komtur!!! it is a nice document, unfortunately I can't read anything of the text. :rolleyes:

I hope someone can tell us about the number of awarded decorations.

Thank you very much Komtur!!! it is a nice document, unfortunately I can't read anything of the text. :rolleyes:

Wir Wilhelm von Gottes Gnaden K?nig von Preu?en etc.

haben dem Vize-Oberhofmeister ihrer Majest?t der Kaiserin und K?nigin,

Schlo?hauptmann von Charlottenburg, Otto Freiherrn von Ende, da?

von Uns zu Unserer silbernen Hochzeit gestiftete Erinnerungszeichen

verliehen und ertheilen demselben ?ber den rechtm??igen Be-

sitz dieser Auszeichnung das gegenw?rtige Beglaubigungs-

Schreiben mit unserer eigenen Unterschrift und dem bei-

gedrucktem K?niglichen Insiegel, Berlin, den 27. Februar 1906.

Sorry, to translate it proper in English is to sophisticated for me.

With regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

dont worry Komtur, this give an idea of what the document say.

your photos are amazing! it is not supposed that the Kaiser's Honor Decoration should have worn below other high ranking decorations? I ask this because in the last photos posted here, the Honor decoration was worn where it fit better.

Edited by Humberto Corado