News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Urkunde 25 Jahre Treue Dienste

Hi all !

This one arrived a short time ago, and I wonder if its what I belive it is ?

There is one 25 Jahre Treue Dienst f?r NVA, MFS the one with the small svord/letter opener

But this one seem to be for the civilian version? Am I wrong ?

Havent seen this type before :unsure:

Christer

Hi all !

This one arrived a short time ago, and I wonder if its what I belive it is ?

There is one 25 Jahre Treue Dienst f?r NVA, MFS the one with the small svord/letter opener

But this one seem to be for the civilian version? Am I wrong ?

Havent seen this type before :unsure:

Christer

And here is the front of the padded document!

Christer

Hi Christer,

there are 8 different documents, for NVA military and civilians, for civil defence etc.

"Urkunde f?r 25 Jahre Treue Dienste:

- in den bewaffneten Organen der Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, laurel and sword,

- f?r die Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, laurel and sword,

- zum Schutz der Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, laurel and sword,

- in den bewaffneten Organen der Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, laurel and seal,

- f?r die Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, laurel and seal,

- zum Schutz der Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, only laurel,

- and two other documents from 1990.

The marked document is yours, for civilians in the NVA, the Grenztruppen and the Zivilverteidigung.

The set is complete with a crystal vase; the "Genosse Studienrat" recieved in addition with the document and the vase 5,000 Mark.

Regards

Uwe

Hi Christer,

there are 8 different documents, for NVA military and civilians, for civil defence etc.

"Urkunde f?r 25 Jahre Treue Dienste:

- in den bewaffneten Organen der Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, laurel and sword,

- f?r die Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, laurel and sword,

- zum Schutz der Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, laurel and sword,

- in den bewaffneten Organen der Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, laurel and seal,

- f?r die Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, laurel and seal,

- zum Schutz der Arbeiter- und Bauern-Macht, only laurel,

- and two other documents from 1990.

The marked document is yours, for civilians in the NVA, the Grenztruppen and the Zivilverteidigung.

The set is complete with a crystal vase; the "Genosse Studienrat" recieved in addition with the document and the vase 5,000 Mark.

Regards

Uwe

Aha ! :cheers:

Thanks Uwe, I learn something new everyday! Now I have to go looking for a crystal vase....

Thanks again

Christer

Christer,

Here are some pictures of the vase I believe Uwe is talking about. These are pictures from Klaus H. Feder and Uta "Feder's book Auszeichnungen der Nationalen Volkesarmee der DDR". I have seen one of these vases for sale since I have ben collecting DDR items. It was slightly different than this one and the woman who owned it would not sell it outside of Germany so I could not add it to my collection.

Hi Gordon,

sorry, I don't know it. I have served on the other side, in the Bundeswehr :) .

But I cannot find a hint in my sources, that it is only for women.

Feder/Feder and Bartel say, that there were two different versions of the vase, the one in post 5 and a cylindrical one.

From 1975 - 1981 the NVA presented another "Ehrengeschenk" for civilians:

This is the second version with ...ARBEITER-UND-BAUERN - MACHT (1977-1981) on the seal.

The first version was with ...ARBEITER UND BAUERN-MACHT (1975-1976).

Regards

Uwe