News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bangladesh

Antonio Prieto

• 8 months later...

Hello!

One question about medal called "Mukti Taraka". What its correct name in English and award criteria? At the Antonio ribbon's website this medal named "Campaign Star", but literally translation from Bengali is "Star of Freedom" or "Star of Liberation".

By the way, this topic http://medalcollectors.com/forum/showthrea...mp;pagenumber=1 contains many photos of Bangladesh awards. Thanks for Brian!

Regards, IVB.

I suspect it has no "correct name" in English. Why would it need one? No one I know has seen the instituting notifications in the Gazette of Bangladesh, if indeed there is one.

The best we can do is a clumsy translation of some fairlyt inexact Bengali (or so my Bengali-speaking friends tell me).

• 4 years later...
    Bir Protik.

বীর প্রতীক পদক

Medal of heroes.
    This award was declared on 15 December 1973.
    The people who have contributed to the independence of the people of Bangladesh on the basis of their contribution to the best of heroes, Bir Uttam, Bir Bikram and Bir symbol upadhite awarded.
    A total of 426 people have received the award so far, all for their actions during the liberation war of Bangladesh in 1971.
    May be somebody have better photo?
    Regards.
    Ilja

Bir Sreshtho
    বীরশ্রেষ্ঠ
    The Most Valiant Hero medal.
    This award was declared on 15 December 1973.
    The highest military medal for heroism.
    It was awarded to seven freedom fighters who showed utmost bravery and died in action for their nation.

Sangshadia Nirbachon.
    National Elections Medal
    Zia's widow, Khaleda Zia, led the Bangladesh Nationalist Party to parliamentary victory at the general election in 1991, when she became the first female Prime Minister in Bangladeshi history. The Awami League, headed by Sheikh Hasina, Mujib's eldest daughter, won the elections in 1996. After its term, it lost to the Bangladesh Nationalist Party in 2001.

Edited by ilja559

It seems there is a decoration called Order of Friendship (awarded in 2012 to Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz al Saud.

Hard to see, but it seems to be a neck medal.....

emmanuel

One can certainly see the Indian Army influence in these designs but they are quite attractive, IMHO. The Police Medal and Silver Jubilee don't move me, but the Mukti Taraka andf Bir Protik are very nice pieces.

ilja559, where di you find the illustrations, please?

Peter

Look here:

https://www.militaria-agent.com/catalog/BANGLADESH.html

• 9 months later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 5 weeks later...