News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Real or fake Panzer officer side cap

Hello everybody,

Last week i bought a panzer officer side cap, at Crete in an antique shop. The owner of the shop guaranteed me it was 100 % original. The piping of the cap and abzeichens are made from correct aluminium wire. The waffenfarbe looks correct rosa to me. The innerliner is made of black silk. On the back of the inner liner there has been an marking but not now anymore... With bright daylight you can see a remain of a stamp but thats hard to see. I would like to have your opinion about real or fake. Below a link to see 31 pictures of the side cap.

With kind regards

Gerben Flier

The Netherlands

http://www.gerben-flier.magix.net/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gerben,

I will jump in, can't say that this one melts my butter, I would personally pass on it if I was you, it does have a rather

nice shape I guess, but that is as far as I will go, not crazy about the Waffenfarbe, Rosa is a red-pink colour, I know the

colour does fade out to a lighter pink, but I don't think you will find any fading under the edges of this one, I don't like the

air vents, nor the lining, or.... dang, how about I stick with what I started with, and say it would be best to pass on this

example, but I am just expressing my opinion, others may defend it....

(sorry mate)

Bob