News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Chinese Awards from Mongolia

Richard LaTondre

I recently received an eMail from someone I had met from Mongolia. He was asking me the value of the attached medals. The Orders of the Golden Grain, and the Most Precious Golden Grain appear stunning. The First Clas Breast Star of the Striped Tiger, as well as some of the others look suspect. Any comments?

Edited by Ed_Haynes

I recently received an eMail from someone I had met from Mongolia. He was asking me the value of the attached medals. The Orders of the Golden Grain, and the Most Precious Golden Grain appear stunning. The First Clas Breast Star of the Striped Tiger, as well as some of the others look suspect. Any comments?

I do not seem to be able to attach the images, but they can be seen at the OMSA site:

http://www.omsa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2080

I think you'll see these have already been posted and discussed. Besides being very damaged the authenticity has been challenged by some and affirmed by others, some of whom know their stuff and some of whom don't. The amount of bluster surrounding Chinese awards is amazing.

I think I have posted them here and on teh OSMA site, back in the day when I spent time there.

The custodian has been kept up to date with the massive confusion surrounding these awards, which I photographed in his flat.

Due to damage, if nothing else, I fear for their market value, which may be his ultimate plan.

I think you'll see these have already been posted and discussed. Besides being very damaged the authenticity has been challenged by some and affirmed by others, some of whom know their stuff and some of whom don't. The amount of bluster surrounding Chinese awards is amazing.

I think I have posted them here and on teh OSMA site, back in the day when I spent time there.

The custodian has been kept up to date with the massive confusion surrounding these awards, which I photographed in his flat.

Due to damage, if nothing else, I fear for their market value, which may be his ultimate plan.

With due respect, I believe you are quite mistaken. I received this email earlier today and posted it to the web site ASAP. None of these medals have been damaged. Have you viewed the pictures? They are on the OMSA website. I don't believe that I am able to upload the images on this site as there may be a limit imposed by nature of one's membership status. I met the gentleman that sent these to me at the OMSA convention last year in Scottsdale.

Oh, then these are others, from another person. I know of whom you speak. He had intended to come to this years OMSA but, alas, did/could not.

His name is Chin Zorig.

I have asked for scans of the reverse. At this point I believe that the Orders of the Gplden Grain and Orders of the Most Precious Golden Grain may be authentic. The Order of the Striped Tiger First Class Breast Badge is suspect as well as one of the other medals in the case.

You may want to view these medals prior to discussing them on the forum.

I try not to use names of non-forum members. Just me. (Although anyone who knows the ohaleristic trade in UB knows him.)

Why not post these items to the forum if you want to discuss them? You may have to do resizing and editing but, stilll, . . . ???

Imperial Chinese awards turn up from time to time in Ulanbaatar, often things that have from up from the Southern Neighbor. And, with so many things coming out of China these days, some are legitimate and some are not. And, as you know, you need to be very careful.

I try not to use names of non-forum members. Just me. (Although anyone who knows the ohaleristic trade in UB knows him.)

Why not post these items to the forum if you want to discuss them? You may have to do resizing and editing but, stilll, . . . ???

Imperial Chinese awards turn up from time to time in Ulanbaatar, often things that have from up from the Southern Neighbor. And, with so many things coming out of China these days, some are legitimate and some are not. And, as you know, you need to be very careful.

Why would you not divulge the name of the source?

I cannot post these items as I am limited to 110 kb! This is sub-par resolution.

The size of the jpg images are, 179 kb,155 kb, 227 kb, 317 kb, and 281 kb because of the restrictions you must go to the OMSA web site if you would like to view the images.

Dick LaTondre

Why would you not divulge the name of the source?

I cannot post these items as I am limited to 110 kb! This is sub-par resolution.

The size of the jpg images are, 179 kb,155 kb, 227 kb, 317 kb, and 281 kb because of the restrictions you must go to the OMSA web site if you would like to view the images.

Dick LaTondre

I have received the scans of the reverse of these medals and believe that the Order of the Most Precious Brilliant Star and the 2nd Class sash badge are authentic. I have doubts on the Striped Tiger 1st Class and 2nd Class Breast Badges as well as the 'cased' Order of the Golden Grain 1st Class Breast Star.