News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Hardy! I remember that thread now, I was the last to post on it! I still haven't received my two DRA badges I was speaking about, but I have received another bronze DRA today. I examined the reverse and it appears different to the ones featured in the linked thread. Mine doesn't seem to have a street address, on one side it says L CHR LAUER N?RNBERG and on the other M. SCH. NO 33918. Any idea what that means at all please?

Hi,

to clarify something on German sports badges 1913 - 1944 :) :

The abbreviation on the badges:

DRA 1913/1914 Deutscher ReichsAusschuss f?r Olympische Spiele (German Reich committee for Olympic Games)

The name of the organization changed 1917 in Deutscher ReichsAusschuss f?r Leibes?bungen (German Reich committee for gymnastics)

DRA 1919 - 1934 Deutscher ReichsAusschuss f?r Leibes?bungen (German Reich committee for gymnastics)

DRL 1934 - 1937 Deutscher Reichsbund f?r Leibes?bungen (German Reich committee for gymnastics)

DRL 1937 - 1944 Deutsche Reichsauszeichnung f?r Leibes?bungen (German Reich decoration for gymnastics)

The name of the decoration:

1913 Auszeichnung f?r vielseitige Leistungen auf dem Gebiet der Leibes?bungen (decoration for all-round performances in gymnastics)

1913/1914 Olympisches Sportabzeichen (Olympic sports badge)

1914 - 1919 Deutsches Sportabzeichen (German sports badge)

1920 - 1934 Deutsches Turn- und Sportabzeichen (German gymnastics and sports badge)

1934 - 1937? Deutsches Reichs-Sportabzeichen (German Reich sports badge)

1937? - 1944 Reichssportabzeichen (Reich sports badge)

The name of the organization:

1913 - 1917 Deutscher Reichsausschuss f?r Olympische Spiele (German Reich committee for Olympic Games)

1917 - 1934 Deutscher Reichsausschuss f?r Leibes?bungen (German Reich committee for gymnastics)

1934 - 1938 Deutscher Reichsbund f?r Leibes?bungen, since 1936 with the sub-organization Reichssportamt (Reich sports department/office)

1938 -1944 Nationalsozialistischer Reichsbund f?r Leibes?bungen (NSRL) with the sub-organization Reichssportamt

Regards

Uwe

Why Uwe, I was just going to ask you to post something explaining all of that for myself and everyone here! :rolleyes: Thanks for doing that, and I guess the original DRA really should have been a DRAL? I am learning more about the DRA/DRL badges all the time! Now I have three and I know something about them...