News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

patizan medal 1st class

thinking of selling this 1st class(not to sure as of yet!) but not if shes real! now after a bit of research i think she should be ok the details IS there on the sickle handle on the back and on the star on the front thats normal lacking on the repos! the ribbion is a replacment sadlt that came with the medal and but the ribbions steel back looks original!!any help would be great!!!

thanks! :cheers:

Dear Paddy,

congratulations to that very well preserved Partisan 1cl :cheers: .

It looks problem free and should command a rather high price, if you are going to sell the medal.

My Partisan 1cl has also a new ribbon on the old suspension.

Dimitry asks USD 490,- for such a medal, but in a condition a few ranks below your medal.

For my taste, all the partisan stuff sells still far too cheap, as the Helsinki-auction showed ... :rolleyes:

Maybe wait 1 or 2 years with trading the medal :unsure: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Dear Paddy,

congratulations to that very well preserved Partisan 1cl :cheers: .

It looks problem free and should command a rather high price, if you are going to sell the medal.

My Partisan 1cl has also a new ribbon on the old suspension.

Dimitry asks USD 490,- for such a medal, but in a condition a few ranks below your medal.

For my taste, all the partisan stuff sells still far too cheap, as the Helsinki-auction showed ... :rolleyes:

Maybe wait 1 or 2 years with trading the medal :unsure: .

Christian

Congrats on your new acquisition! How much are second classes? Last time I checked, they fetched about the same price as the first class. Does this hold true?

Last time I checked, they fetched about the same price as the first class. Does this hold true?

Dear Paul,

it usually should roughly be so, but some dealers even asked more for a 2cl as for a 1cl.

Looking back the last 15 years, the 2cl had been in most cases a few bucks cheaper, than the 1cl.

The gold wash of the 2cl is a bit sensitive and often not well preserved. 1cl is pure silver and besides of patina, there should be no problems.

Christian

thanks for the confirmation!! im not sure if i do want to sell it as i got it at a realy realy nice price back in 2002!! iv got a 2nd class that im pretty sure is fake but il get some pics and post em!!thanks a million again!! :cheers::cheers:

Edited by paddywhack

Dear Paul,

it usually should roughly be so, but some dealers even asked more for a 2cl as for a 1cl.

Looking back the last 15 years, the 2cl had been in most cases a few bucks cheaper, than the 1cl.

The gold wash of the 2cl is a bit sensitive and often not well preserved. 1cl is pure silver and besides of patina, there should be no problems.

Christian

Thanks Christian.

Why would the price on the second class be higher than the First Class? Were there fewer second classes awarded?

Paul

Why would the price on the second class be higher than the First Class? Were there fewer second classes awarded?

Dear Paul,

that's an excellent question :cheers: .

Well, there might be a certain uncertainity about the issued items in each class.

Herfurth writes in the 1980s about "more than 56.000" 1cl and "about 71.000" 2cl. The same author writes in the year 2003 "about 57.000" 1cl and "about 71.000" 2cl.

It's very interesting, that Putnikov in 1990 doesn't discuss 1cl vs. 2cl, but states, that (from both classes) there had been "more than 127.000" confered.

It might be, that actually the number of issued (or strucked) Partisan 2cl is smaller, than 1cl :unsure:AND if a partisan gets an award, than his deed will be in most of the cases rather very heroic, so a 1cl might be more approbriate.

Another point for the sometime higher price for a 2cl might be it's gold wash. Maybe some collector might think, that a golden Partisan Medal is superior to a silver one :speechless: .

Or - rather simply - the 2cl is rarer at the market, than the 1cl and due the laws of capitalistic economy, the 2cl commands then a higher price.

Christian

BTW: I love very much the design of the Partisan Medal and N. I. Moskalyov is my favorite designer of Soviet Awards (Order of Glory, Kutuzov, etc.) :love: .

and heres my secand class ok what i dont like is the details isnt there but if you look at the lettering on the top its much crisper then in the middle i think that it could well have been polished by the vet if judging by the well well worn ribbion ;)! any help on this would be great!!!

Edited by paddywhack

Christian, how can you be so sure with so small pictures??? Unless you have really good eyes, I don't see how you can be so convince that both are problem free. Paddy could you please provide detail scans like Darrell did? This way we can maybe help you better. You can only focus your pictures on the medal. That way you will save space to upload a 110 k picture.

Paddy, I personally do not like the second class. The details or not crisp enough on the obverse even if it's "heavily worn". I'm concerned about the ring. It's not really perfect as it should be. On the reverse the handle of the sickle is not fat enough. On the obverse I see some casting problems with the letters. The portraits are so worn off that we can see any good details. However, something that kind of gives it away is the small stars beside CCCP. They are too fat and too small as they should be. Look the comparison with Darrell's medal.

I didn?t have time to look further the 1st class. I?ll try tonight. However, I would advise you to post pictures of your medals on the Soviet forum. That way you will have help from real experts.

Christian, how can you be so sure with so small pictures??? Unless you have really good eyes, I don't see how you can be so convince that both are problem free. Paddy could you please provide detail scans like Darrell did? This way we can maybe help you better. You can only focus your pictures on the medal. That way you will save space to upload a 110 k picture.

Dear Bryan,

well, I still have the feeling, that Paddy's 2cl is genuine :D .

That's the thread in the "other forum" about faked Partisan Medals:

http://www.soviet-awards.com/forum/soviet-...san-medals.html

Paddy's 2cl is worne - so what? It has been a very outstanding medal in the CCCP and the bearers have been proud of it.

Anyhow, Paddy's 2cl is struck and not cast. It would have been a lot of work to fake a worne struck 2cl for our forgers in the Baltics ... :rolleyes: .

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus