News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Stickpin for Horse Breeding Honor Plaque

Hello all,

I put this in the general awards forum then thought it might get more replies here.

I was wondering if anyone can supply any info about the stickpin that comes with the Honor plaque for horse breeding. I have silver and gold versions of the plaque but only the silver has a stickpin with it and it is a stickpin for the reichsnahrstand organization and supposedly(?) the correct stickpin would be a miniature of the plaque itself. If these do indeed exist I imagine they are quite scarce? Funny thing about it is that in Niemanns price book(the only reference I know of that shows this plaque) while he shows the case & plaque,and there is clearly an area in case for stickpin,it is not shown nor does he mention anything about the stickpin(price etc) for this plaque while for all other items with miniatures or stickpins mention of them is made. Just wondering if anyone has seen or has one of these stickpins. Thanks for any help or info.

Duzig(Bill)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Here's a few pics of plaque. The silver version I have has as I said a stickpin for reichnahrstand organization. Whether this is correct or not I do not know,I have heard that there is a stickpin with design of horses but I haven't seen one yet so I was just wondering. Again thanks and I look forward to any other info.

Duzig(Bill)

post-991-1192305834.jpg

005.jpg

I notice that there is no Reichsn?hrstand emblem at the bottom of the gold version, and it doesn't look like it's on the imprint inside the lid of the case. Have these been removed to de-nazify the award? The picture in Niemann's cataloge shows that the imprint on the inside of the case lid is the same as the reverse of the plaque, including the symbol at the bottom, as with your silver version.

I don't know anything about this award and have never seen a miniature.

Hello,

Yes the Gold one has been denazified at least on the award itself. You can still see the impression of the reichnahrstand insignia on the inside lid though. Perhaps the picture doesn't really show it well. I don't have too much information on this item either,just what I have found at different sites and forums. And as I've mentioned there is supposedly a stickpin with same figures as plaque but I have never seen one either. None is shown in Niemanns book and none listed for it in his book either.

Duzig(Bill)

Any readers that may have the book, Miniaturauszeichnungen des III. Reiches Spezialkatalog by: M. Messing, a picture of the stickpin is shown, B&W, description = Plakette hevorragende Z?chtung dtsch. Warmbluts.

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

Hello,

Joe I thank you again for that info that you supplied me on the other forum regarding the stickpin. I was just wondering if anyone has actually seen this award with mentioned stickpin because I have not seen one anywhere,even in niemanns book,nor does he mention stickpin which I thought was a little odd.

Bill

Bill, I hope someone has more info. for you.

I would post the picture from the reference mentioned but do not know German copy right laws and do not wish to run afoul of nor embroil the forums.

I have never seen an example outside of the reference.

--dj--Joe

Hello,

Joe, no problem, I wouldn't want to run afoul of the law or embroil the forum either. One of the reasons I still inquire about the pin is because of the very reason you stated. As of yet no one I"ve spoken to has seen the pin,and niemann who shows all the stickpins for other items,and lists value of stickpin etc, does not do that nor even mention a stickpin for plaque in his book. Also because at some point if it does exist I'd like to aquire one perhaps. Again I appreciate all the help you have provided regarding this and other items.

Bill

• 14 years later...