News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 3 Medal Spange added to my collection.

Hallo Gents :cheers:

this was the only WW1 Medal Bar I obtained at Reichertshoffen while on my first visit in four years to the Military show, (as I have commented elsewhere the prices of items were very high.) But I got to meet an old friend Mr. Michael Autengruber, accompanied by his very nice parents down from Lake Constance, Bavaria.

No pictures were allowed to be taken in the Hall as usual the event organiser has no desire for negative publicity ;)

because iii reich items are on display, also there were armed security guards on duty throughout the Hall and on the fire exsits after the much publicised robbery at Gunsenhausen earlier in the year. :violent:

Prussian E.K. 2 (stamped "R" on the ribbon ring and a "D" shaped mark on the cross ribbon ring attachment.).

Hessen-Darmstadt, Konig Ernst Ludwig, Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen, "F?R TAPFERKEIT" in Silver.

III Reich, 1934 Hindenberg Cross of Honour for Combatant, marked "G 10".

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Hallo Ulsterman, :beer:

In Gunzenhausen earlier this year, after the dealers set up for the show the building was locked up for the night,

the next morning it was discovered that several locked display cabinets had been broken into and iii reich items

of considerable value had been removed.

I have heard speculation that somebody remained behind hidden in the hall till late at night or early morning, they emerged from hiding to steal selected items and then let themselves out through a fire exsit, there was apparantly no security in the building while the theft occured.

I believe somebody posted here more info on the items taken, will look for the thread and if I find it post a link here.

http://www.philipp-militaria.de/gestohlen.html

Edited by Kev in Deva

Wow! Scary world out there.

No, scary was the year before when a German Militaria Dealer and his wife were murdered in their home

shot in the head, the house then set on fire to hide the crime, the rumour was he had sold a lot of fake iii reich items to the Russian Mafia for big money :speechless1:

They were so insulted they sent a hit man :ninja: to settle the score.