News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 Austro-Hungarian Bar.

Kev in Deva

Hallo Gents :beer:

This item was picked up at a Flea-market in Immenstadt, about 14kms from Kempten Allg?u region of Bavaria about a week ago.

I believe its has ribbons for:

2 X Austro-Hungary, Emp. Franz-Josef Tapferkeit or Emp. Karl Fortividini Bravery Medals.

1 X Karl Troop Cross.

1 X Military Sercice Cross.

1 X Franz Joseph Commemorative Cross.

The rear shows a typical Austrian hook arrangement for fixing to pre-sewn loops on the tunic.

Of course, I stand open to correction, and would welcome any advice or information from our experts out there. :blush:

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

Crossed over the Frontier without all sorts of paperwork and taxes then? :rolleyes: Slid across rivers on floating logs? :speechless1:

This is a wonderful example of what I think can clearly be identified as a career NCO's bar. If it had been an officer, with the 25 Years Service Cross-- there'd have been an 1898 Military Jubilee as well as the 1908 MJ Cross here.

This is the first identifiably NCO bar in this style I've ever seen.

You had a very good trip! :cheers:

Crossed over the Frontier without all sorts of paperwork and taxes then? rolleyes.gif Slid across rivers on floating logs? speechless1.gif

"They seek him here, they seek him there, they seek him every where, that damned elusive Kev from Dev" :rolleyes:

Hallo Ricky, :beer: thanks for your opinion valued as ever, :jumping::jumping: Kevin in Deva. :beer: