News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Deutsche Jungvolk Marksmanship Insignia?

Hallo Gents, :cheers:

While I was at a Fleamarket in Senden, Baden-W?rttemberg, my buddy, picked this item up from a gentleman who I had just obtained a iii reich 2 medal Dienstspange for WW2.

The badge is in enamel and not painted, would you care to give your opinions please as to its originality?

Many thanks, Kevin in Deva :beer:

Hallo Robert :beer:

Many thanks for the prompt reply, my buddy, in Bavaria, will be pleased to know his purchase is well worth the sum he paid for it.

Just to clarify, which is the maker number for Eugen Schmidhaubler Pforzheim M 1 / 128 or yours M 1 / 123 ??

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Sorry about the spelling. US keyboard. Let me ask kev if the makers' locale is close to where it was purchased. I am curious. I often wonder if makers of these badges tend to stay within their own Gau/Kreis. I allways think about this when I see a piece with a relatively uncommon maker. Thoughts? Robert

PS Don Your keyboard must have German letters. Is it some kind of international keyboard you have. Sorry for being such a doomyahn (phonetical spelling)

Edited by BURGERHAUS

Sorry about the spelling. US keyboard..................

PS Don Your keyboard must have German letters. Is it some kind of international keyboard you have. Sorry for being such a doomyahn (phonetical spelling)

Robert,

They are known as special characters, & each letter has a specific number code. To type it hold down the alt key, ie the key next to the space bar, and use the number keys on the right of your keyboard. Make sure that Num Lock, ie the top left key, is on. If you use a laptop, then you will have to buy an additional USB numerical keypad to be able to use them.

Here are a few codes that you may find useful:

• ? alt+225

• ? alt+132

• ? alt+148

• ? alt+129

• ? alt+155

• ? alt+130

• ? alt+142

• ? alt+153

• ? alt+154

Cheers

Don

Let me ask kev if the makers' locale is close to where it was purchased. I am curious. I often wonder if makers of these badges tend to stay within their own Gau/Kreis. I allways think about this when I see a piece with a relatively uncommon maker. Thoughts? Robert

Hallo Robert :cheers:

this particular piece, which my Buddy obtained, was picked up at a flea-market in Senden, Baden-W?rttemberg, the seller said it came from a family house-clearence in AUGSBURG, Bavaria which is not to far away geographically from Senden, its possible my iii reich 2 Medal Dienst-Spange and Swastika Armband (posted seperately) came from the same family.

Kevin in Deva :beer: