News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HMS Hood!

Not being a collector of Brittish items,I am curious of anything from the HMS Hood

being in collections.

I have a print signed by Ted Briggs last member alive of just what 2 or 3 that lived from that

tradgedy.

I saw on the history chanel the program where they found the Hood and Ted left a wreath!

Very touching!

Just wonder the thoughts of Brittish collectors and what they may have or want to discuss!

Thanks

PaulV

Hi Paul, in reply to your question I have a little story I would like to share. A number of years ago, about twenty, I was discussing militaria with some fellow collectors at work when one of our Instrument Mech's overheard the conversation, he approached and said he had a few items in his attic we might be interested in, he didn't expand and I'm not too sure he actually knew the historical interest of the items he was about to show us anyway, a few days later, true to his word the items appeared, imagine how gob smacked :o we were when the items he had all related to HMS Hood, apparently his wife's uncle was serving on the Hood on that fateful day, the first item was the normal photgraph of the ship's company infront of the gun turret with him clearly arrowed, the second was his group of medals, box of postage and condolence slip and lastly there was his bosuns whistle, try as we did we could not get him or her to part with them, he admitted they held no interest to them but they felt that they should remain in the family, sadly, they were returned to the attic :(, A number of years later, Jimmy, that's the Instrument Mech, approached us to ask if we had forgotten to give him back the bosun's whistle, obviously we had never had it in our possesion to retain it so we had to reply in the negative, it had been mislayed, after years with the other items it was now missing, Jimmy retired about eight years ago, you know, I still think about them medals in the attic, and my fellow collectors and I still talk about that day, don't know if he ever found the bosuns whistle :(

If the above can happen with one guy imagine how many attics have stories to tell ;)

Best regards

Geoff

:beer: