News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi militaria0815,

"Oh, was awarded in 3 different sizes, interesting indeed!"

Nice comment, but i cannot understand it!

Is award in your (my) language the same as available? :mad:"(Available in 3 sizes)"

In our shared language (German) available stands for "vorliegend, vorhanden, verf?gbar" etc., but never for "verliehen" = awarded.

Herzliche Gr?sse and Kind Regards

Uwe

I think he's making a joke concerning the size. Wie wenn mann ein Kola bei McDonald's bestellt. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it came issued as the large size, Prinzengrosse was a special, private piece as is the 16mm mini for a chain.

Dan

Edited by Daniel Cole

Oh, was awarded in 3 different sizes, interesting indeed! :o:o:o

If you care to read what I wrote, you will see I never said it was awarded in 3 sizes only that there are 3 sizes.

There was the normal / large size, then the smaller "prinzen" followed by the miniture one.

I will post pictures shortly of the large and small, I do not have the "Prinzen". :(

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

I think he's making a joke concerning the size. Wie wenn mann ein Kola bei McDonald's bestellt. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it came issued as the large size, Prinzengrosse was a special, private piece as is the 16mm mini for a chain.

Dan

You are right! :beer::beer::beer:

Well okay, we all know there were only the ~40mm ones awarded, but if we're talking about this private purchased stuff I'd like to add that the "Prinzengr??en" vary in size. I had three different ones. The minis do as well, common are 16 and 9mm, but there are some others, even bigger and smaler than 16mm, as there were really many, many who manufactered and offered those back then. Maaaany, if you wanted any variation ... ;)

In reading all of your posts I'm reminded of a saying regarding movies, "I laughed, I cried, it became a part of me."

At first I thought I knew what was being said then I got completely confused (not speaking any German) :unsure: but as usual in the end I learned a lot. I'll have to keep a watch for that "middle" size that until now I didn't know existed. Funny, I read the post "suggested" before and missed this fact completely.

Thanks agian fellows.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian