News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Although I collect only postcards, I received this picture as a gift. I find it to be a good document for it shows what seems to be a complete family profiting of their get together. I guess these oportunities were not common during the war years. It impreses me the older lady's face. Calm but it is possible to read that she is worried and tense. The back of the picture has some pencil script which I think might be the names. Here it goes and will thank any extra information.

Eduardo

Although I collect only postcards, I received this picture as a gift. I find it to be a good document for it shows what seems to be a complete family profiting of their get together. I guess these oportunities were not common during the war years. It impreses me the older lady's face. Calm but it is possible to read that she is worried and tense. The back of the picture has some pencil script which I think might be the names. Here it goes and will thank any extra information.

Eduardo

That is a wonderful gift! Can you please post a larger scan?

Paul

Guest Rick Research

I can't tell anything from the tiny dark images, but I suspect these are not Germans. There were no 6 button tunics before the 1930s. They may be Dutch, or from one of the Baltic countries.

I cannot tell anything from these ? camera images.

(EPSON SCANNER, EPSON SCANNER, EPSON SCANNER)

Eduardo;

I think that Rick is right. I am not a uniform expert, some chaps have a wonderful grasp of them, but these uniforms seem "sort of German", but not quite there. There was a German upper class in the Baltics. I have not seen many photos of Dutch troops, but they seem to have had a bit of the "uniform madness" that the Belgians had; dogs wearing top-hats, mayors pulling MG carts, usw.

Bob Lembke

There not Dutch in my opinion!

Hi, Herr General!

I must clarify that I mentioned "dogs wearing top-hats, mayors pulling MG carts", as a (possibly) humorous comment on the wild profusion of Belgian uniforms, which seem curious to most non-Belgians, I think. I just meant that Dutch uniforms also might seem a bit different to outsiders, but not so much as the Belgian uniforms. Of course every nation has their own traditions, that might seem odd to others. One only has to think of the elite Greek guards at their Parliament (sp?), who wear tu-tus, panty hose, wooden shoes with pom-poms, and cute little jackets and caps. A good argument for peace with Turkey.

Bob Lembke

Guest Rick Research

The SIX buttons and SPLIT upper pockets-- not an added center pleat, but a split in the material of the pocket

are unlike anything I have ever seen on any German uniforms.

"Papa" is too generic a uniform.

The fact that none are wearing any form of decoration, and that none of the three ?brothers have any insignia at all except a single cap cockade

baffles me.

These scans are much clearer :cheers: but do not resolve anything.

Try the message again at the size of these new image scans.

Hello to all who have answered.

I don't collect those pictures. It was send to me as an extra with some postcards I bought, and just put it in the forum in case someone could be interested in researching something about it. If there is any forum member interested just send me your address by PM and I will send the photo as I have done before.

Eduardo