ehrenkreuz combatant ribbon over

hessen kriegehrenzeichen over

a button.

this is neat as five of the six ribbons are either

EK or states' EK equivalents.

enjoy!

joe

Joe,

You are correct in that this is a knopfloch and you have correctly identified the ribbons. I have seen a number of these little guys over the years and I must say that this is the first one with the wound badge over the swords.

Very, very nice - congratulations!

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Christian is right-- from the combination and position it must be the Turkish War Medal star. beer.gif There is nothing else Hessian for this to have been their Long Service awards ribbon, which it was. The Hessian War Effort Medal is usually "pinker' and narrower white stripes.

That is an extremely nice multi-states combination and hard to find a REAL one like this with that many. love.giflove.gif

Hi Joe,

I must say that I think that I really blew it on this one with regard to that (last) ribbon identification. I simply had not considered a foreign award out there... shame on me.

Christophe - I have been looking at, and occasionally picking up, knopflochs for over twenty years. While I have a number of miniatures, during that time I have gotten only four knopflochs. Yet, as I said before, I have never noticed any with the wound badge/swords attachment. Then consider - anybody who could make a dumb mistake like I did on the ribbons (above) could be wrong on just about anything.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Christophe - I have been looking at, and occasionally picking up, knopflochs for over twenty years. While I have a number of miniatures, during that time I have gotten only four knopflochs. Yet, as I said before, I have never noticed any with the wound badge/swords attachment. Then consider - anybody who could make a dumb mistake like I did on the ribbons (above) could be wrong on just about anything.

Wild Card

No pb, I am really here as a beginner in German Imperial. My question is really one for learning... blush.gif

Cheers.

Ch.

Hi Rick -

I am really impressed by your display! It is an excellent example of the variety and workmanship of these little guys. I think that these pieces, along with their close relatives, miniatures, are an under appreciated area of collecting -which is fine by me.

Thank you for sharing this material with us.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Yes, also like the enamel ribbon bar very much  love.gif

Nice assortment of ribbons in this thread  beer.gif

Christophe, to answer your question, these are not common, to say at least. Especially on mini-groups i haven?t seen them too often.

Gerd

Thanks Gerd for the precision. biggrin.gif

Cheers.

Ch.

ohmy.gif  love.gif  love.gif  Is that all spun out in one piece, Tom?  speechless1.gif  How did they DO that???? What a little jewel!!!  jumping.gif

It's actually 2 pieces, probably press molded, and slipped together ( joined with liquid porcelain before firing) It was probably first fired at high temperature, painted, and refired at a much lower temp, as red is a low-fire pigment. It's quite large, over 1 1/4 in. wide, and was probably hard to get into a buttonhole, but couldn't possibly fall out as the shank of the Knopf is buttonhole width.