News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Kingdom Order Garrard Jewlery Co.

Guest IMHF

Iraqi Kingdom Order Garrard Jewlery Co.

I just bought this Iraqi Kingdom Order from my Iraqi antique dealer friend for $3000.00. I would realy like to learn more about my Iraqi Order

Manufactured By: Garrard Jewlery Co.

If you have any information about my Order Please post here on the Fourm.

Picture 1.

Edited by IMHF

I cannot help you, but I can say that it is one of the most stunning pieces I have seen. Was there an accompanying neck ribbon?

I think that the detachable centerpieces could be for various classes of the order?

It did not come with any sash or neck ribbon, I just took the leap of faith and bought it any way for $3000.00 I was told it could be a rare Specimen of rejected design for the Royal Order of Two Rivers/Wisam al-Rafidain.

Only Garrard Jewelry Co. knows tried contacting them, but never heard from them

Thank You

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

The price was based On how bad I wanted the piece for my Iraqi ODM collecton. The Iraqi Kingdom Wisam al-Rafidain First Class complete sales for $3,000.00, I seen alot of Them in Iraq. I have never seen this piece before and this could be the only one. I bouht my Wisam al-Rafidain First class Militay Kingdom complete from Liverpoolmedals.com for $1,300.00 a few years ago now good luck in trying to find a set in Iraq for that much. Prices have gone up on Iraqi ODM in the last year as collectors of this sort are growing.

Thank you

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Bought this from liverpoolmedals.com

• 1 month later...

In my collection I have many different classes of the Wisam al-Rafidain/Order of the Two Rivers.

Here is the list of what I have: Where I bought them, How much I paid for them and the year I bought them

Kingdom

Wisam al-Rafidain First Class Military, with breast badge and case/ (bought from liverpoolmedals.com) $1,200.00 2006

Wisam al-Rafidain 2nd Class Military/neck Order with case (bought from liverpoolmedals.com) $500.00 2006

Wisam al-Rafidain 4th Class Military Silver with case (bought from medal-Medaille.com) $500.00 2007

Wisam al-Rafidain 3rd class Civil with case (bought in Baghdad, Iraq from antique dealer) $200.00 2005

Wisam al-Rafidain 4th Class Civil with case (bought in baghdad, Iraq from antique dealer) $400.00 2006

Republic

Wisam al-Rafidain First Class Military, with Breast Badge and case (bought in Baghdad, Iraq from antique dealer) $1250.00

Wisam al-Rafidain 2nd Class Military neck Order with case (bought in Baghdad, Iraq from antique dealer) $350.00 2005

Wisam al-Rafidain 3rd Class Military no case (bought in Baghdad, Iraq from antique dealer) $200.00 2005

Wisam al-Rafidain 5th Class Military with case (bougth in Baghdad, Iraq from antique dealer) $150.00 2005

Then this Order here:

It did not come with any sash or neck ribbon, I bought it from an antique dealer in Baghdad, Iraq for $3000.00 I was told it could be a rare Specimen of rejected design for the Royal Order of Two Rivers/Wisam al-Rafidain. See above

Thank you

God bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this possible Specimen of rejected design for the Royal Order of Two Rivers. From an antique dealer in Baghdad, Iraq. I am still trying to understand what it is, just a mistery piece in my collection of Iraqi ODM.

Thank You

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

I bought this possible Specimen of rejected design for the Royal Order of Two Rivers. From an antique dealer in Baghdad, Iraq. I am still trying to understand what it is, just a mistery piece in my collection of Iraqi ODM.

Thank You

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Just a thought, although those idle B****rs at Garrards could confirm. Could they be something like a badge for a member of the National Assembly the quality of stars denoting rank, I know some middle eastern countries had those sort of things in the pre-war years.

Paul

Good guess Paul. Though it was my understanding that, in Iraq, the National Assembly was rather quickly dispensed with after they passed, in 1931, law No. 1 (of 1) regarding the reunification of 'Kuwait' with Iraq. All that messy 'democracy', you know . . . .

But I still like your theory.

Until someone looks into the records -- which either probably no longer exist (in Iraq) or simply won't be shared (Garrard's) -- we'll never know.

Good guess Paul. Though it was my understanding that, in Iraq, the National Assembly was rather quickly dispensed with after they passed, in 1931, law No. 1 (of 1) regarding the reunification of 'Kuwait' with Iraq. All that messy 'democracy', you know . . . .

But I still like your theory.

Until someone looks into the records -- which either probably no longer exist (in Iraq) or simply won't be shared (Garrard's) -- we'll never know.

Other possibility is that they could be judges badges. I have seen similar things for Egypt.

Paul

J. Jacob {Court Jewelers of the World} reports Garrards used the Albemarle Street address from July 1911 until 1952. He got his info in 1976 while Garrard's staff still took their positions as guardians of company lore and service to individuals as collectors with pride.

To my understanding, royal Arab parliamentry and judicial badges varied between specific functions. Both Libya and Egypt had different ones for their two parliamentry houses and judges' badges (in Egypt) varied between "local" and "extraterritorial" divisions, at least. That could be a reason for varying centers.

Maybe a "personal recognition {moto propritu} award"?

This badge seems quite delicate. While possibilities mentioned above may be correct, how about a ladies award of some sort? An Egyptian precedent exists. On the other hand, one or two cased Rafadhain badges on ladies bows have been offered in the past. One {maybe officer grade?} in a Bacqueville of Paris case with a small gilt metal Iraqi crown on the lid of the red leatherette case.

Owain?

This is the answer I received from najafcoins on this Iraqi Kingdom Order

I have not seen such a thing before and I have no idea what it could be.

Kind Regards,

Najaf Coins & Collectibles Inc.

West Vancouver, Canada

Ph/Fax 604-922-4854

Cell 778-883-5865

www.najafcoins.com

www.vcoins.com/najafcoins

----- Original Message -----

To: najafcoins@shaw.ca

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:44 PM

Subject: Question on a piece I bought while I was in Iraq

Najafcoins Here is some pictures of a piece that I bought from an antique dealer in Iraq. I just wanted to find out what it was with your help. I was told that it could be a rare speciman of the Order of the two Rivers.

Thank you

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

• 7 months later...