News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Zeljko "Nick" Glasnovic

I think Glasnovic is not Yugoslav general !!??

So, off%20topic.gif

Dear Sasa,

you are absolutly correct, that Glasnovic hadn't been a YU-General, but he acted in the region of (former) Yugoslavia before october 2000 and so Glasnovic - and many others - could be discussed in our Yugo Forum.

Well, that's just my opinion ... :rolleyes:

Pozdrav :beer:

Christian

He acted in para-military separatist forces of Croatia.

Dear Sasa,

many thanks for the info :cheers: .

I tried to collect some more infos about that "soldier of fortune" in a high-ranking general's position.

King Tomislav Brigade of the HVO, the Bosnian-Croat Army, had been under command of the Croatian-Canadian Brigadier-General Zeljko Glasnovic in the early 1990s during the YU-Wars.

"Glasnovic - as a Col.-General - had been the commander for training and military doctrine of the Federation Army of BiH till 2002, resigned and left the Federation Army. Since resignations, departure from the Army, honorable and dishonorable dismissals, firing of officials, arrests and such are not so rare in the Federation, it makes sense that hardly anyone reacts to such news at this point.

However, regarding General Glasnovic, it is important to consider his reasons for resignation and leaving the army. Namely, General Glasnovic is a true professional who forged his military skills in the (professional) Canadian armed forces and then as a legionnaire fought in several wars all over the world, including the Gulf War, and then joined the Croatian Army and the Croatian Defense Council (HVO) [bosnian Croat armed forces], and finally led the operation train and equip. Is his resignation motivated by personal dissatisfaction with his status and disputes with the Minister of Defense Mijo Anic?"

Complete article about Gen. Glasnovic: http://www.ex-yupress.com/slodal/slodal57.html

Does anyone have some additional infos, like: war crimes, etc. :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

• 8 years later...

Hi Chris. Nick told me many stories of his days in the Legion and other adventures he had in his military career. He was great company and when I knew him he had a girlfriend called Luba. I have tried to find info about him over the years but have had no luck so far.

haha ... yup.... only when you see someone you knew on video 25 years ago that you realise we are all becoming the grouchy old men we used to laugh at 25 years ago!!! :-(

Hey... he is running for office!!!

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/croatian-war-veterans-candidates-lists-on-parliamentary-elections-10-21-2015

In the video he is listing out why you should vote for the party and how Croatia will become a greater nation because of it etc it is a very political talk etc.and I can't post the full translation on the forum as it can conflict with many member's opinions and beliefs.

Edited by Rogi

• 7 months later...

He was apparently elected. Here is the English-language page on the Croatian parliament website: http://www.sabor.hr/Default.aspx?sec=6254

As Chris already knows, I knew Nick when he was a Bosnian Croat officer in the mid-1990s. I was a staff officer at some joint discussions between the Bosnian and US Armies.  I just discovered earlier today, though, that apparently he and I are distant cousins.