News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It's from the award rolls of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen. He was a major named Corsep, so Bataillons-Komm(andeur) would fit. I think in script the "m" with the little line above means "mm", so probably "Komm", not "Kom" as I originally wrote.

IR 451 was a Brandenburg regiment. Corsep was a recalled officer, not active in 1914. All the Ehrenrangliste has is his pre-war unit, IR 144 (a Lorraine unit), and his last wartime unit, LIR 387 (a Hannover and Braunschweig regiment). So none of the units show a direct connection to Sondershausen, though he may have been a citizen of the principality.

Hi,

it is written:

Bataillons-Kom(mandeur) des 1. Rgts

I can find Corsep

1890 Leutnant in the "3. Th?ringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 71" (Schwarzburg-Sondershausen)

1901 Hauptmann in the "3. Th?ringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 71"

1907 Hauptmann in the "3. Th?ringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 71"

1910 Major in the "3. Th?ringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 71", in the regimental staff.

not 1913

1914 (WW I reactivated) Oberstleutnant in the "5. Lothringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 144", at the end of the war in the "LIR 387" (Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 387)

None of these numbers fits.

Regards

Uwe

According to Busche, on mobilization in 1914, Corsep became commander of I. Bataillon/Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 71.

The entry in the roll immediately above Corsep is for Oberstleutnant Hofmann, the commander of LIR 71. Maybe someone meant to write "desgl." regiment?

Hi Chris,

it is complete decoded by rast.

That is: "dess." with it is meant "desselben", that is (complete) in English:

bataillon commander in the same regiment (such as my regimental commander wrote before)

"The entry in the roll immediately above Corsep is for Oberstleutnant Hofmann, the commander of LIR 71."

Regards

Uwe

Can confirm the last one, dunno about the first one though The first one doesnt say Stabsarzt but Stabswache

Thanks for Stabswache. I still can't figure out the first part.

In post #19 for Stabsarzt Dr. M?nnich, I figured it out to be "Sanit?tskomp."

In post #20 for Oberlt. Wolfgang von Schierholz, what I wrote as "Fahrpark" should be "Fuhrpark", I think.