Any interest out there?

Hello Gentlemen,

This is just a feeler. During my 25 years in Special Forces I collected a lot of captured Viet Cong and Main Force items. Is anyone interested in such items?

Here are just a few pics of the kinds of items I am refering to:

scarf4cp6.th.jpg

3pock1mc9.th.jpg

belt51gu1.th.jpg

can1en9.th.jpg

flagmn7.th.jpg

mortor1gq2.th.jpg

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Vince

I am a collector of PAVN/VC militaria with a focus on awards, medals and banners/flags. I have found I have to be a researcher as well as a collector because of the scarcity of decent references and conflicting information. I have yet to find a decent PAVN/VC order of battle or series of unit histories. Recently I found an old MACV intel report that provided a lot of the Also Known As (AKA's) designations for a number of the units in the 68-69 time frame. A lot of my fellow collectors stay away from this area because of persistant stories of fakes and frauds. I did note recently that one of the collecting authorities that has been warning about the fakes has been a heavy buyer of the same unit flags he has been warning people not to buy. I am having a lot of fun sorting out just what I have found and the prices are reasonble compared to the British Victorian campaign medal and Imperial German helmets I used to collect. Other than some of the PAVN award flags, the overall quality of the items is pretty low.

I am a collector of PAVN/VC militaria with a focus on awards, medals and banners/flags. I have found I have to be a researcher as well as a collector because of the scarcity of decent references and conflicting information. I have yet to find a decent PAVN/VC order of battle or series of unit histories. Recently I found an old MACV intel report that provided a lot of the Also Known As (AKA's) designations for a number of the units in the 68-69 time frame. A lot of my fellow collectors stay away from this area because of persistant stories of fakes and frauds. I did note recently that one of the collecting authorities that has been warning about the fakes has been a heavy buyer of the same unit flags he has been warning people not to buy. I am having a lot of fun sorting out just what I have found and the prices are reasonble compared to the British Victorian campaign medal and Imperial German helmets I used to collect. Other than some of the PAVN award flags, the overall quality of the items is pretty low.

Yes,

You are correct about poor quality. I have several flags similar to the one you have photographed, also awards, pins etc. if you are interested I can dig them up, photograph them and see if you have any interest in them.

My best,

Vince