News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Württemberg ribbon bar to Dr. Max Kohlhaas

This one came from Heiko. There is a small hole in the second ribbon (WKX), but not in the 3rd one (WF). Interesting is the Charlottenkreuz - that with the PrRed Cross award makes me think medic...?

File5416a.jpg

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

That was POSSIBLY Dr.med. K.W. Oberstabsarzt dL II Max Kohlhaas's. He was a K.W. Medizinal Rat on the Ministry of the Interior's Medizinal Kollegium before the war, and Vorstand of the Internal Medicine Section of the Ludwigspital in Stuttgart.

WK3X, WF3a, W LD1, Pr RKM3 confirmed. But there has been no Charlottenkreuz roll come up yet that I know about, unless Daniel has one.

I don't have the award date for his WK3X, but he got it as OSA dL II, Chefarzt Reserve Feld Lazarett 4/XIII.

Great, thanks, as usual ultra-fast! :jumping::jumping: I suspected this combination should be traceable.

Dr. Kohlhaas (1867-1952) is not in the DOA, but he made Obermedizinalrat in Stuttgart after WW1, according to the title of his autobiography published by his son in 1967. I will try to get this book and see if there are some pics in it.

I could not yet find a Dr. med. date (he probably got it in Tübingen).

Yes, there might have been a silk backing, I agree.

:cheers::cheers:

Edited by webr55

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

It would be too much to get all the interesting stories about of the book. There is, sadly, no picture of Dr. Kohlhaas in uniform, and no information on awards. At least, here's some information regarding his relatives:

He had a cousin Otto Holtzmann who was a Pioneer Lt in WW1. Having allegedly captured 160 French soldiers, he became a flyer.

He tells a story how in 1915 he set up a hospital in the castle of a French Marquis, with whom they were on very gentlemanly terms.

Kohlhaas had two sons who both survived WW2 and POW time, and two nephews: One never returned from Soviet captivity, and the other was KIA near Rshew after getting the RK. This must have been Oberstleutnant Ludwig Kohlhaas (1905-30.11.1942), RK on 21.11.1942 as Kdr III./F?sReg Gro?deutschland.