News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

3rd reich fire brigade decorations

Don,can you tell more on the award you showed?I have never seen that before...

It's a North Rheinland Fire Cross of Merit, another of the state awards (like yours) that were allowed to be issued between 1934 - 1936, prior to the introduction of the Reich Crosses seen earlier in this thread. Yours is the one issued by Prussia for the same period.

Cheers

Don

Don,

thanks for the info.I didn?t know that there were these ones existing statewise.I always thought mine would have been a old pattern modified with a swaz,awarded only for a transitional period of time.Do you know by chance how many different of these exist?

Regards

The Fire Fighting medal does add a lot of color to a medal bar! I especially am attracted to the Luftschultz/Firefighting bar!

Does the Green Firefighting medal have the same awarding criteria as it's better known counterpart? I had no idea that there were so many different designs. Do you have anothers to post?

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

• 1 month later...

Simply beautiful! I know that you stated that these are rare(years of awarding). They must number under a thousand awarded!

Thanks Paul, indeed they are & were rare at the time. For example, the Rhineland cross above is known to have only been awarded 84 times....... Of course, as with any award more were made than awarded.

Cheers

Don

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

These fire service decorations are certainly some of the most striking badges I've seen. I'll be glad just to get a 2nd class cased one at some point in time,not to mention any of the others! And Don I've never seen the Rhineland badge or Baden 25 year service cross ever before,beautiful items. You have some fantastic stuff in your collection.

Duzig(Bill)

Here's another. The Baden 25yr Service bar or spange with it's case.

Cheers

Don

Hallo Don, this must be a brother to yours, nice story on how I obtained it, I was looking at items for sale on Ebay USA WW1 militaria section last year, when I saw a WW1 medal bar that had been stripped of the medals EKII, Baden Service Medal, and Hindenberg Cross, when I looked up the guys other auctions he had the medals listed seperately and this incorectly identified Baden Volunteer Firemans Bar & Box, I sent the guy an email to tell him it what is was and he asked me if I could tell him its value, which I did after consulting my Orden & Ehrenzeichen 1800-1945 (2005-2006) edition and he pulled the auction with no bids, told me as I had been nice enough to let him know what it was, and its worth, I could have for 100 Dollars, :speechless1: so I grabbed it fast.

Seems sometimes honesty is the best policy.

Kev in Deva

Edited by Kev in Deva

• 2 months later...

Here's another, this one from Th?ringen. A bronze 25yr service medal, unfortunately it came with the incorrect ribbon which I have removed. This version also came in silver for 33 years service & gold for 40 years.

The scan really doesn't do this justice, the medal is so finely struck with beautiful detail.

This is the first pattern, there were also two other patterns issued in Th?ringen, an enamelled cross & a gold cross.

Cheers

Don

• 1 month later...

Interesting on the boxed 3. Reich piece Kev.... I remember that one well. One of the few times I actually cranked at a seller for ending an item I would have bid heavily on! Glad it has a good home!

Hallo Stogie, :beer: thanks for the kind comment its quite at home in my medal cabinet now. :love: