News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

would there be an expert on Baden Military history who can tell me about the records in the State Archives in Baden? I am Especially interested in pre 1866 career info documents

Thanks

David

David, I will be at the Generallandesarchiv Karlsruhe in December - I have time booked there for research, what do you need?

here is a list of the records: https://www2.landesarchiv-bw.de/ofs21/olb/s...Klassi=4.03.007

Regards, Hardy

Hi Hardy

Wow From Canada all the way to Karlsruhe! May I ask what your area of interest is there?

I am actually looking for some documents depicting the full career of some baden officers. My problem is that they are mentioned in my data as early as 1853 and 1864. From the archival data on the link you send me below, I think they could have them, but I am not sure, one of them says started in 1821, right?

I will post the names of the guys I am looking for soon

regards

David

It's my hometown David, I'm going back for a visit.

I always make sure to get in some research time - IR169 and IR170 as well as the RFAR52.

Both of my Grandfathers and their brothers served in Baden Regiments

If you give me their names and whatever else you have on them (you can pm me with the details) I see what I can find out.

Regards, Hardy