News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Partisan Badge Database

Thanks again Gordon. As Hunyadi's 'parachute' example (1.1) earlier in this thread then.

As I'm way down on the pecking order I don't think I should expect to come across one any time soon then. :D

Thanks again Gordon. As Hunyadi's 'parachute' example (1.1) earlier in this thread then.

As I'm way down on the pecking order I don't think I should expect to come across one any time soon then. :D

Easty,

Yes it may take some time to find one of these badges. Mine came from Hunyadi and he acquired his when we both lived in Budapest. He had the edge on me as he speaks Hungarian.

Regards,

Gordon

• 1 month later...

Im not buying anymore - but selling real soon. The story on Szita Ferenc is a good one. He was a member of the 10 man unit known as the Lebovics Partisan Group. On September 19th, 1944 they made an airborne insertion near the town of Eger. The insertion was not very sucessful as nearly half of them were injured when they landed. Ferenc's radio was damaged and he was unable to repair it. They eluded Border Gurads, Hungarian Soldiers and Germans for several days. On Sept 21st they were involved in a serious firefight with German forces. Two members "died a hero's death" by grenade. (thrown on them or by human bomber??) the following day the wounded were captured and the rest (presumably Ferenc) managed to escape into the countryside untill the end of the war.

Quite a unique story.

Yeah, a bit high for me. Alas, Farkas does not let me bid on his stuff anymore after I gave him bad feedback because of a fake 1956 medal he sent me.

Ulsterman,

This is simply untruth .

From 1956 medal - ( 20 years old medal ! ) - does not exist fake.

Booklet for Badge # 03412 is on eBay right now for $49.95, or best offer. Badge is not on our list as a known one.

Rick,
    The numbering of the Partisan Association membership booklet - and numbering of the Partisan Medal awarding document was different !
    The number of the Partisan Medal is the equal only to the awarding document !
    Best regards: Zsolt
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Edited by Zsolt

Farcas. no I do not lie. the medal you sent me was a cast copy. the mint ones are of much better construction. yours snapped at the ring at the top in the post and one can clearly see the cast zinky crap Chinese sports medal type construction.

I will be happy to post it here upon my return.

Farcas. no I do not lie. the medal you sent me was a cast copy. the mint ones are of much better construction. yours snapped at the ring at the top in the post and one can clearly see the cast zinky crap Chinese sports medal type construction.

I will be happy to post it here upon my return.

God, I pleaded, please save me from the self-appointed experts !!!

Gentlemen,

We seem to have a dispute over the authenticity of a medal sold by one forum member to another. Before this gets to be a problem I suggest that you try and resolve this matter outside of the forum. Especially if the transaction took place outside of the forum. Please do not make any more posts about this particular medal on this thread.

Regards,

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

Back on track....

Farkas, so what you are saying is the Association membership number has nothing to do with the badges themselves.

That only the award card has the badge number typed on it. So, safe to assume that award cards with no numbers typed on them correspond to UN-numbered badges?

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone noticed, or if the group was sold already..... but a Type 1.1 badge with proper, matching award document(s) for the recipient of badge #362 was on ebay last week.

Not even sure if anyone cares as there seems to be so little activity on the forum these days!

If you have purchased the group, please share images.

Thanks

I'm not even sure how we would determine a market price for a group like that. It's only the fourth Type 1.1 badge i have seen in well over a year and the only type 1.1 document that's come up that I am aware of. I am sure there are others, but they do not seem to be changing hands publicly. I agree the price is very steep, way too much for me.

But, how do you assign a value to a group like that? Any advice would be appreciated!

Note that the previous award document is for badge number 362, number has been (privately) engraved on the badge.

Here's his Association booklet with a different membership number.

At some point we should probably remove booklet numbers from our master list as it seems the booklet number from the Association has nothing to do with the badge itself

My Russian is bad so I cant figure out the one document but the other tattered document is a "press pass". It explains that the is working for the Soviet / Hungarian military newspaper "New Word" (Uj Szo) perhaps the other tattered document in Russian is similarly related. I wonter if he was a political offcier in the new military....

As for prices - well, its quite unique as Stogieman pointed out, but its hard to pinpoint a value on one of these. Not many come to market and I have only seen one other of the first type award booklets. (which I photographed for my book) I suspect that the handful of originals are being traded in Hungary or held in some of the vast HUPR collections and rearely come to the wolrd wide open market..

Stogieman,

A very interesting grouping. Lots to study here. Thanks for posting the pictures of all the documents. Like Hunyadi, my Russian is rusty from lack of use, even the small amount I used to understand. The blue covered document is associated with the MVD and was possibly an ID card for that organization.

Hunyadi,

Is this guy/number in your book?

Regards,

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...