News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czechoslovak Stickpin

Rick kindly identified this stickpin for me and noted (here: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=22639 ) that it was used 1920s - 1940s. I will cut and paste the description here for ease of reference by Forum Members:

[this stickpin at one time had a gold finish, traces of which are still visible in the recessed areas. Being the highpoint, the area at the top of the wreath and just below/between the wings is worn but, under magnification, depicts a lion rampant. I believe that the vertical portion through the centre of the wings and wreath is a sword - the hilt or crossguard of which can be seen, while the grip appears to have been broken-off. The pin measures approximately 2cm. from the top of the wings to the bottom of the wreath. The wingspan measures 2.5cm. The 2.5cm. retaining pin on the reverse has been repaired or replaced, judging by the blob of solder present. The piece is non-magnetic.]

Any indication of desirability and approximate value - in this condition - will be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Edited by John Burchell

John

Her is another for your comparison. I think this one is British made for pilots based in th e UK during WW2. This version is in bronze. I notice differences in the wings which may have some significance in the dating of the two pieces (later or earlier I could not say).

As for value again pass. I paid ?25 for this one on a whim, as I wasn't really sure what it was at the time.

Nick