News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German flare guns

Snoopy

Hello

I would like to show you all, a few german flare guns. From the top: an Lp 42, the middle one is a standard flare gun, made by Erma Erfurt 1940 and the last one is a double barreled luftwaffe flare gun. I hope you like them.

Regards

Snoopy

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...

Hi Snoopy,

To be honest: I don't know.

It has been in German hands as there are handwritten German abbreviations in it.

The gun fits perfectly and the German flareshells also.

But the securing strap doesn't fit around the gun grip.

So I was hoping someone here could tell me something about it!

Think I will post a seperate thread for the holster.

Best regards,

Martin

Hi Snoopy,

To be honest: I don't know.

It has been in German hands as there are handwritten German abbreviations in it.

The gun fits perfectly and the German flareshells also.

But the securing strap doesn't fit around the gun grip.

So I was hoping someone here could tell me something about it!

Think I will post a seperate thread for the holster.

Best regards,

Martin

Hello Martin

The holster is very interesting. The Wehrmacth used a lot of captured equipment during the war, polish, french, russian, chech, norwegian and so on. It could be one of those holsters, or it could be a german variant, that I haven't seen before. I must admit that I have not seen it all. :blush: So many things to see and learn, but there are to few hours in a day. Are there any manufacturers markings on the holster?

All the best

Snoopy

Hello!

This Holster look home made.

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

No, I don't think it is home made, but where it is from I can't tell.

It has been altered and repaired several times and it is not in an good condition anymore.

I will take some close-ups and put it in the ID-forum, because I really would like to know where it comes from.

Regards,

Martin

I don't believe that it is home made. I think that it might be from one of the occupied countries. If you got it in Holland, it might even be of dutch origin. I really like your flare gun. It's in great condition.

All the best

Snoopy

Thanks, I also think it is a beautiful gun.

Comes with a nice story.

A previous neighbour of me collected an underground hideout full of weapons with his friends.

They were about 12 years old and lived on one of the Dutch islands, Terschelling I believe.

During the transitional time directly after the occupation the Germans overthere were very busy just watching their own backs.

So these boys stole everything from the bunkers they could lay their hands on, while the Germans stayed at one central point.

Make that several Tellermine, MP's and even an MG-42.

In the end one of the fathers found out about it and when the Allied arrived at the island, everything was taken from the hideout of course.

This was one of the pieces my neighbour had already smuggled to his parents home and he kept it.

I was very happy to get it from him.

The holster was a gift from another man, who heard I got the German flairgun.

He said he I could have his German flare gun holster.

He couldn't recall where he got it from, just that he always had it since the war.

So it probably is some left beute material.

Best regards,

Martin

• 10 months later...

Hello

I would like to show you all, a few german flare guns. From the top: an Lp 42, the middle one is a standard flare gun, made by Erma Erfurt 1940 and the last one is a double barreled luftwaffe flare gun. I hope you like them.

Regards

Snoopy

Hello!

Snoopy

I hope you have Holsters ? Please post. :cheers:

all the best

Nesredep

• 1 month later...

I have only one flare gun. I think it is a WW2 German Flare gun with a holster and shoulder strap; it marked ?WAFFENFABRIK WALTHER ZELLA MEHLIS (THUR) and the Walter banner, 1938. The other side has many proof marks. I think it is Aluminum, it have 90-95% Finnish. The holster is marked. Can anyone help me with the marking?