News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British Cross

Hello,

I bought this Cross through Manion's a few months ago for a present for my wife.

It is a 44x39mm vaulted silver cross with a high quality enamel surface. Reverse has maker mark 'Spencer London' and silver hallmarks (anchor, Lion, K) Beneath this are the letters - R.S. The cross also came with a 31mm long silver bar mounted on 56mm needle pin (same markings as cross). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ben

Guest Rick Research

Anchor's the maker or city. Lion's the sterling... after that, it's the shape and shape of surround that will date the year letter-- find a match?

Guest Rick Research

Ah, literally just like the ones we see over here. It'll be interesting to find out WHICH "K" date this is-- 1885? 1905? 1915? or 1945?

I would say that "Spencer London" is the retailer, as the Anchor motif is the mark for a Birmingham made/assayed item.

And yes, the shape of the cartouch as well as the style of the letter it contains will be needed to find the date.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you all for your reply's.

I have compared the 'k' to Rick's chart and it is definatly 1905-06.

The cross does look Masonic and yes my wife does like it very much!

Many thanks

Ben.