News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sudanese Militaria and police

pmargulies

Nice collection you have there, Do you have any Iraqi ODM that you can post? Going to Countries of where your favorite ODM is at, makes it so much eaiser collecting.

Thank you for your Pictures:

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

During a visit to Khartoum last Spring, a contact said that a Singapore firm currently supplies Sudanese awards. Spink's made them in the 1960s-80s.

Spink's is like the largest dealer on ODM they sale pieces every year worth $100,000.00 dollars, On ribbon Bars own by very known military personnal.

Thank you

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Great finds-congratulations!

I hope to do some posting in December when I return home and will have the facilities to do it properly.

There are some very interesting items out there,just takes hard work!

Ed, what is Sprink's reason for not wanting to share this basic information?

Their multi-purpose explanation is that all their records were destroyed in the Blitz. (Not true, by the way.) They use this excuse even for post-WWII records. :rolleyes:

In reality, and here I very much sympathize with them, they are a working business and not an archive and simply are not set up for researchers to consult their records, much less will they undertake to do research for others who are too lazy to do their own work (as so many seem to think is what they should do).

Nice collection you have there, Do you have any Iraqi ODM that you can post? Going to Countries of where your favorite ODM is at, makes it so much eaiser collecting.

Thank you for your Pictures:

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

I have a bit of Iraqi ODM, but it was obtained through friends...I haven't been sent yet - though STATE is about to change that for a lot of people. I will see if I can hunt down my mini medal set from Iraq - it is pretty cool. Thanks for looking and I always enjoy your posts.

Great finds-congratulations!

I hope to do some posting in December when I return home and will have the facilities to do it properly.

There are some very interesting items out there,just takes hard work!

Looking forward to it. There was a lot more out there, but I wasn't sure if I would get it all back through Customs (Sudanese).

Nice items, thanks. Sudan is one of those areas where too little reliable information is available, and Spink steadfastly refuses to share what they know.

Thanks much Ed, I will try and post the translated descriptions of all the items later. It is too bad that Spink won't share the information. The piece I got off ebay is a Spink medal. Interestingly, the Sudanese no longer issue medals - they only issue the ribbons. I had a former Sudanese Defense Attache help me locate about 1/2 of my loot.

Gentlemen,

From my records and to further enlighten, confuse and frustrate because I certainly don't have all of these and whether the Order of the Palm and Crocodile actually really exists..........great name though.

Regards,

Owain:

SUDAN

19th CENTURY

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%"> </H1><H1 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%">Order of the Palm and Crocodile</H1>

<H3 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">SUDAN DEFENCE FORCE</H3>

Gallantry Medal

Native Officers Decoration

Long Service & Distinguished Conduct Medal

General Service Medal

<H4 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">REPUBLIC</H4>

Chain of Honour

Sash of Honour

Order of the Loyal Son of Sudan

Order of Political Accomplishment

Order of the Revolution

Order of the Alliance

Order of Victory

Order of Persistence

Order of National Unity

Order of the Constitution

Order of Regional Government

Order of Military Accomplishment

Star of Military Accomplishment

Order of Accomplishment

<H5 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Star of Accomplishment</H5>

Order of the Republic

Order of the Two Niles

Order of Distinction

Order of Bravery

Order of Long and Distinguished Service

Order of Meritorious Service

Order of Production

Order of Science and the Arts

Order of Sports

Evacuation Medal

Medal of Independence

Medal of Duty

Medal for Bravery

Long and Distinguished Service Medal

Medal of Merit

Medal of Educational Hierarchy.

<H2 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 150%">Bibliography</H2>

Ordres, Decorations et Medailles, M.B. Baghdadi, Khartoum, c. 1955?

Decorations & Medals Act 1961, Republic of Sudan Gazette.

The Decorations, Medals, Robes of Honour & Religious Robes Regulations, 1962

Order of the Palm & Crocodile, James Peterson, O.M.S.A. Journal April 1964.

Sudan, The Order of Two Niles, O.M.S.A. Journal, January 1967.

The Decorations & Medals (Amendment) Act 1974, Republic of Sudan Gazette, 1974.

The Sudanese Orders, Decorations and Medals, Precedence, Conditions of Award & Instructions for Wear, The State Protocol Department, 1980.

The Sudanese Orders, Decorations & Medals, 1983 Supplement.

Owain/Sudan/sudanlis.doc

• 1 year later...

More Medals

The bronze medal in center with the standing soldier is Order of Persistence.

This Order shall be awarded to all officers and the other rank of the People's Armed Forces,State Security Bureau,Police,Prisons & Fire Brigade Forces,in appreciation of their persistence characterized by the most daring manifestations of heroism,sacrfice and martyrdoom for the protection of the People's Revolution,achievements of the Nation,Unity of the country and safety of its territories.

Ribbon is sand yellow with tiny green stripe towards each edges.

If you would think about to sell that one,I would be very much interested & I can offer a good price.

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

The bronze medal in center with the standing soldier is Order of Persistence.

This Order shall be awarded to all officers and the other rank of the People's Armed Forces,State Security Bureau,Police,Prisons & Fire Brigade Forces,in appreciation of their persistence characterized by the most daring manifestations of heroism,sacrfice and martyrdoom for the protection of the People's Revolution,achievements of the Nation,Unity of the country and safety of its territories.

Ribbon is sand yellow with tiny green stripe towards each edges.

If you would think about to sell that one,I would be very much interested & I can offer a good price.

Emmanuel

Emmanuel - thanks for the information about the medal. I will hold onto it for the time being, but if I decide to sell I will let you know. This was one of the few medals that I came across more than once, but I think I only bought the one.

Regards,

Paul