News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A new, very new badge

Yep - its the Don River Front Veterans Association pin - for those veterans who survived the defeat of the 2nd Army at the Don River bend during the winter campaign on 1942-43. (My mistake on the years - previously posted as 1943-44! :speechless:

Edited by hunyadi

Yep - its the Don River Front Veterans Association pin - for those veterans who survived the defeat of the 2nd Army at the Don River bend during the winter campaign on 1943-44.

I belive it was 1942-43.. The front at the river Don was held from fall of 1942 untill it fell the 13th of January of 1943. The Hungarian second army corps was scaterd and pushed back and did not recover fully after that Soviet breakthrough.

I belive it was 1942-43.. The front at the river Don was held from fall of 1942 untill it fell the 13th of January of 1943. The Hungarian second army corps was scaterd and pushed back and did not recover fully after that Soviet breakthrough.

Peter! Yes you are absolutely correct - welcome to the forum!!! Magyar vagy?