News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MARSHAL?S STAR OF THE SOVIET UNION

I just found that in the archives of emedals.ca I thought some might be interested to see this piece.

The Marshal?s Star, awarded to Marshals of the Soviet Union, instituted in September 1940. Star is made of 18 Kt. Gold, set with white gems. Weighs 32.7 grams. Star appears to be museum copy, or private purchase, not officially awarded Star. Comes with neck ribbon, and in fitted case. Very fine condition.

http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=R297

Where did you find the pics and do you have further information about the item & document :unsure: ?

These came from a French forum. The guy who posted them probably took them from a Russian forum. Now it's on GMIC. An English forum. ;)

HSU Radzyevsky, Aleksey Ivanovich (13. 8. 1911 - 30. 8. 1979)

Dear Bryan,

the Marshal's Star belonged to Radzyevsky http://www.warheroes.ru/hero/hero.asp?Hero_id=3977 , who got his HSU also rather late: 21.02.1978 ( медаль № 11294) ;) .

Besides the Marshal's Star & HSU he got two Order of Lenins, six Order of the Red Banners, two orders of Suvorov of the 1st degree, one order of Kutuzov of the 1st degree, one order of Suvorov 2nd degree, Order of the Red Banner of Labor, with Order of the Red Star and a "Motherland" 3rd degree. A rather proud & comprehensive collection :D .

His name seems to be of aristocratic Polish origin :unsure: ?

It seems, that Radzyevsky's Marshal's Star is in a private collection and not in a museum of the Russian Federation :unsure: ?

Market value of the set: I guess, far beyond the USD 100k benchmark :cheeky: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

These came from a French forum. The guy who posted them probably took them from a Russian forum. Now it's on GMIC. An English forum. ;)