The Hungarian Military Museum Store

Gents,

Some time ago Ulsterman said he would like to see what the store in the Military Museum in Budapest looked like. Well, I finally got around to taking pictures last month and now have time to post them. I got there just as they were starting to close the store so the books they normally have displayed on the counter have been put away. The store itself is on a stairway landing between the main floor and the first floor. The glass toped counter on the right is full of a few over prices original medals and lots of poor copies. The glass enclosure on the left is full of miniature soldier.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

The glass toped counter on the right is full of a few over prices original medals and lots of poor copies.

Though its not alwyas a great place to find little treasures, its not as bad as it seems - one time I picked this up for a realy good price....

So . . . how does one fly CHEAP to Bupapest . . . ????????????????????

:jumping::jumping:

Truly - cheapseats.com

Best time to come is for the weekend of the first Saturday of the month. PM me and I will gladly take anyone to the local shops on Thursday and Friday, Militaria Show on Saturday, flea market Sunday, Coin Show on Tuesday. Fly back on Wednesday a happy camper! :beer:

Gents,

Budapest is a collector heaven. Flea markets, stores, monthly militaria shows, auctions, antique stores that carry militaria, they have it all. All you need is money!!!!! The problem is that when I leave I will suffer such withdrawl symptoms I won't know what hit me! Any one who is in town can stay at my place. I have lots of room.

Regards,

Gordon