News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

:D

A couple of new ones arrived Friday

not very hard ones but still interesting.

First one :off topic: , KVK + Ost med + Finnish Liberty cross 4th class 1941 (always fun with foreign awards)

Next one : Pure Imperial! EK, EHK , Preuss Ls , Preuss Ls and ? Bavarian?

Last one is odd,hmm EK, Waldeck , EHK, Austria and ??? what?

Christer

:D

A couple of new ones arrived Friday

not very hard ones but still interesting.

First one :off topic: , KVK + Ost med + Finnish Liberty cross 4th class 1941 (always fun with foreign awards)

Next one : Pure Imperial! EK, EHK , Preuss Ls , Preuss Ls and ? Bavarian?

Last one is odd,hmm EK, Waldeck , EHK, Austria and ??? what?

Christer

Guest Rick Research

Huh! That half light blue/half white must be some sort of local veterans award. Naughty to have put that on his official awards ribbon bar!

That very last one is :Cat-Scratch: QUITE interesting! I have NO idea what it can be! The stripes do not match anything Hessian or Rumanian that I can think of. That is a mystery to me!

Huh! That half light blue/half white must be some sort of local veterans award. Naughty to have put that on his official awards ribbon bar!

That very last one is :Cat-Scratch: QUITE interesting! I have NO idea what it can be! The stripes do not match anything Hessian or Rumanian that I can think of. That is a mystery to me!

Here is the Backs!

The long Imperial one is 100% genuine I think, the german/finnish I also belive is ok, inspite of the faker friendly back :cat:

But the one with the odd ribbon last is feels ......hmmm looks similar to another bar shown here yesterday?

Maybe someone in Germany have started a new business? The ribbons looks/feels old but, I don?t know.

Christer

Guest Rick Research

Notice that the pin is backwards on the long one? I find that very often... must have been some veteran preference, because there cannot have been so many ACCIDENTALLY "dyslexic" ribbon bar makers! Maybe some wearers felt that the catch at center of their chest did not spring loose as often as if the ctach was at their armpit side?

Steel/aluminum tabs on the coppered backing plate are not a problem. In all the coppered finish backing plates I have seen, I have never seen the individual ribbon tab back mountings with the same copper finish. So the two colors are normal.... as long as the individual ribbon tab backs are all the same. :beer: