News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Collecting Theme: The Revolutionary Struggle

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

1) Guerilla Warfare: Combatant of the War of Liberation Medal (Type 2)

2) Domestic Counter-Insurgency: Medal "for the Struggle Against Bandits"

3) Patriotic War: Commemorative Medal for the Victory at Playa Giron (better known to us as the Bay of Pigs, 1961)

Still haven't turned up a Clandestine Struggle Medal, or any of the medals for specific 1950s attacks on Batista government installations: Ciro Redondo etc etc.

Guest Rick Research

You and me both. They're just overlapped singles for display.

When/if I get enough together for other "themes" like Faithful Service To The State or Controlling The Population or Exporting The Revolution, I'll do similar displays-- it's nice to see what groups would LOOK like being worn rather than all the single awards threads.

We have yet to see a MOUNTED Cuban group.

Since these are East German clones, presumably IF anyone even bothered mounting their Fidelista awards, the backing would be the same as used on DDR medal bars, as a guess.

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Isn't it amazing what having Sinister NGO contacts can do? :unsure::ninja::rolleyes: NOW the set is complete!

1) Guerilla Warfare: Combatant of the War of Liberation Medal (Type 2)

2) Revolutionary Arson, Assassination, Sabotage, and Subversion: Combatant of the Clandestine Struggle

3) Domestic Counter-Insurgency: Medal "for the Struggle Against Bandits"

4) Patriotic War: Commemorative Medal for the Victory at Playa Giron (better known to us as the Bay of Pigs, 1961)

Very nice Rick,

Would be great to see the Medalla "Osvaldo Herrera" or the Medalla "Ciro Redondo" linked up with these as a group.

As of yet we don't even know what these early Medals look like, apart from the ribbon colours of course. And to which "Column" they were awarded to

The Medalla "Ciro Redondo" was awarded to Rebel Army combatants who as members of Column N?.8 "Ciro Redondo", commanded by Commander Ernesto Che Guevara, took part in the invasion from "Las Mercedes", in Sierra Maestra, to the former province territory of Las Villas, in 1958 and had maintained an exemplary and according attitude with the revolutionary principles.

The Medalla "Osvaldo Herrera" Was awarded to Rebel Army combatants who as members of Column N?.2 "Antonio Maceo", commanded by Commander Camilo Cienfuegos, took part in the invasion from "El Salto", in Sierra Maestra, to the former province territory of Las Villas, in 1958 and had maintained an exemplary and according attitude with the revolutionary principles.

Regards Eddie.

Guest Rick Research

I suspect the numbers will turn out to be frighteningly limited on those, when we FINALLY can get some solid information!

Several of the Medals for Combatants of Column 1 "Jos? Marti" have turned up-- see that specific thread. Still no clue what THAT is for.