News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I just received yet another admin tunic in the mail today. It was an Ebay win. It is without it's eagle and in very rough shape due to hard wear and is full of field repairs.

This type of tunic was not meant for field use. Also, with this man being an Administrative Official, I can only see a couple of possibilities... It is easy to envision many nights, sleeping outside wearing this jacket for warmth. It was definitely used and abused.

1. This tunic saw a few years in a POW camp.

2. This tunic was part of a long walk home, after the war was lost.

If it could only talk! :jumping:

It is missing not only the eagle, but the top button as well! To top things off, there are two loops for a nice two space ribbon bar. I think that a basic EK2/HK combo would go perfectly!

Insignia are definitely period applied!! :jumping: The insignia are definitely more worn than they appear in the photos. The shoulder boards show areas where the silver braid has lost it's luster due to over use.

Finally, the liner. There are tons of repairs inside. The D-ring for the dagger hanger is gone as well. The white areas on the liner are places where the liner has worn through. There are even more areas where the liner is paper thin.

This tunic has seen much hardship... One can only imagine what the owner went through. The fact he kept this worn out rag makes me wonder of the attachment he had to the memories of the time.

• 2 weeks later...