News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ultimate Combat Helmet..

I used to buy and trade and sell a lot of stuff way back when....

Almost nothing of any WW2 stuff is still here (next to nothing at all).... but a piece or two which won places in my heart are still kicking around.

This one was for me always the Ultimate combat helmet. It belonged to Hauptman or Major (cannot remember) Stein of the 96th Artillery Regiment of the Hoch und Deutchmeiseter division.

Inside you can see it was a light green from the factory, has had a couple of coats of paints the last one being a rough fiels applied green. The strap was period changed to a more comfortable Italian one (When the division was in Italy in 44 I assume). Named on the leather and Skirt when he was still an Olt.

This came from a friend who got it from the family so no collector has gone decal diving and tried to scratch the paint off "just to see if the eagle is still there...."

A really hard and horny combat helmet with an original front ruff-paint... no phoy browns or sand quickly applied in the basement to triple the value.

I cam pretty close to trying to sell this this weekend but the thing I was after fell through... I am not sad though ;-)

Enjoy.....

• 1 month later...