News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French field-telephone

Roeland

Hello gents,

my brother in law asked me if I could find more information on this French field-telephone.

I had no idea myself because I'm not in to field-telephones, so I hope someone else recognises it.

My borther in law said he had seen one looking a lot like this in a museum in Paris, used by the French resistance, he however didn't know if the one he had is the same model or even the same age, his is probably younger.

Who can tell me more about it; the type, age, value etc.

I believe he also has the original protection bag for it.

thanks in advance.

kind regards,

Roeland

radtelvd9.jpgradtel2it1.jpg

radtel3ce8.jpg

radtel4wq9.jpg

hello :

Chris came quite close:

this item looks very much like the French made US Signal Corps Radio 300 (SCR 300) a backpack voice only radio introduced during WW II. Used by french forces in Indochina in 1940's early 1950's( late 1953).

BTW: I was a company radio operator handling one like this in 1951 to 1953 on active service there, our units were Motorola made and refurbished in Japan. Batteries made in France and on one occasion sabotaged very clevverly. Replaced by a slimmer, lighter unit with better capabilities during later part of 1953 but after my end of tour. The picture seems to have the combat antenna attached, there was also a collapsible long one in the radio set which ensured a better reception over longer distance or in heavy vegetation often encountered even in the Tonking delta region.

Bernhard H. Holst