News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Aranyk?szor?s KISZ-Jelv?ny

Aranyk?szor?s KISZ-Jelv?ny

Gold Wreath of KISZ (Kummunista Ifj?sagi Sz?vers?g) Badge for Armed Forces Personnel

?Presented to those who in their work projected excellent results and character in the Hungarian Army. The Central Committee of KISZ created this award in 1960.?

The badge is 4 cm (1 9/16") in diametre and is composed of two pieces. The gold wreath with crossed PPShs at the bottom is one piece. Ribbons around one side of the wreath are in the national colours of Hungary and on the other side the red of the 1919 Hungarian Communist State. The second piece, which appears to be glued to the wreath, is the KISZ emblem combining the Hungarian flag and the Hungarian Communist flag of the short lived Kun B?la government of 1919. The 1957 date on the flag indicates the year of the founding of KISZ. There is a horizontal pin on the back for fastening the badge to the uniform. There is no mention of where the badge is to be worn in my reference material.

Regards,

Gordon

Charles,

Thanks to our talk this morning about the book you quoted for where the badge was supposed to be worn I figured out where to look for the regulations. It never occured to me that what you were quoting was the name of Chapter IX in ?LT?ZK?D?SI UTAS?T?S, A MAGYAR N?PHADSEREG KATONA?LLOM?NYA R?SZ?RE which is the title on the cover of the book that contains the info. I have not stuided that section of the book but your comment pointed out just how interesting, and necessary, this section and the following ones are when badging a uniform. Very interesting to note, that of the nine badges listed that may be worn above the right breast pocket, the subject of this thread is number two in the list of precedence.

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon - Going off of my poor memory, it did strike me that when translating the list was not top to bottom. But just what can go there. Later if I recal it said that the largest badge should go in the middle and the smaller badges should flank it. AS this one was bigger than most it would have in most circumstances gone right over the button. Sorry about the confusion as I only had a copy of that section...

Charles,

Thanks for the comments on the way the awards should be worn. Haven't really looked at the write-up yet but it makes sense. The one thing I have noticed from looking in the pictures in the book of how the badges were worn and that is when only one badge was worn it was centred on the pocket.

Regards,

Gordon